Miss sold Insurance/packaged account fees reclaiming- Barclays

Billy Fury1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a Fee paying packaged bank account with Barclays since June 1999.

I had no idea until a couple years ago that it was not a standard monthly account fee but a packaged account.

I had no use for a packaged account as I had breakdown insurance with my employment at the time of opening the account (company vehicle), we always bought our family travel insurance and had other normal insurance covers in place.

I would never have agreed to pay over the odds for a bank account if I was made aware of this at the time.

Please could someone advise me how I should pursue the monies that I have paid over this 17 year period and if I would be able to claim for the interest on all of the monies paid out.

Thanks in anticipation

Billy

NYou need to follow Barclays normal complaints process explaining that you were never told it was a packaged account including additional Insurance benefits

. If you have never received any documents about the various Insurances included on the packaged account you need to tell Barclays and ask them to explain why you were never issued with relevant documents.

Then advise that due to the lack of documents, you have never made use of the packaged account Insurances and have arranged other insurance elsewhere.

You are therefore looking for a refund of packaged account fees, due to Barclays not providing documentation for the services it was charging for.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the letter.

I have completed this but it states that I have the bank statements going back to 1999, this is not a possibility as far as I am aware.

Surely Barclays will have this information as they are the one who will have to defend their position regarding my complaint.

I have already sent Barclays a SAR regarding another matter giving them 40 days to respond, it has been 44 days since they received my request.

I have heard nothing to date,.

This SAR is regarding a previous post entitled:

Clydesdale/Barclays falsified my CRA life? - Page 2

Basic Account Holder Billy Fury1 Novitiate ... Have moved your thread into the Legal Forums - Financial Legal Issues Billy Fury. CAG has ...

I would really appreciate any comments as to what I should now do.

Regards

Billy

Is this for the same case about wrong CRA data being posted by the bank.

If so, the threads need merging so we have the info together in the same place.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi

This is the same person but not the same issue, my CRA file is an issue on going, I have completed and sent a SAR request to the Bank over 40+ days ago and have not received anything back to date.

Apologies as I am finding these threads a bit complicated as to where I should post etc. as I have not had much experience on these forums in the past.

Many thanks

Billy

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the letter.

I have completed this but it states that I have the bank statements going back to 1999, this is not a possibility as far as I am aware.

Surely Barclays will have this information as they are the one who will have to defend their position regarding my complaint.

I have already sent Barclays a SAR regarding another matter giving them 40 days to respond, it has been 44 days since they received my request.

I have heard nothing to date,

You have completed what ?

Who states that you have the bank statements going back to 1999 ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I have used a form suggested by the forum which includes the wording re; the statements to accompany my claim.

Cannot delet this element of the form.

Billy

Thanks for the letter.

I have heard nothing to date,.

This SAR is regarding a previous post entitled:

Clydesdale/Barclays falsified my CRA life? - Page 2

Basic Account Holder Billy Fury1 Novitiate ... Have moved your thread into the Legal Forums - Financial Legal Issues Billy Fury. CAG has ...

I would really appreciate any comments as to what I should now do.

Regards

Billy

which form.....?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you're using a PDF version and can't delete what you need, copy and paste the more simple version to use what you want and delete what you need.

• 1 month later...

Hi BF,

That should start the ball rolling for now.

How far back do you have your old statements. It would be good to have these so you can check on the figures for yourself.

If you sent Barclays a SAR for your other cases about Barclays, it should have produced data for the account here, as well as any other Barclays or Barclaycard accounts.

Hi Billy,

If this is a separate issue, you need to use a new thread.