BW letter of claim RE; VCS Liverpool Airport. Jan 2013

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking charge in 2013 for 2 mins stopped at the side of the road at Liverpool Airport.

VCS took a photo and sent several letters in 2013 from various "debt collectors" etc

- I ignored everyone like the advice given and about 12 months later they stopped.

Out of the blue BW legal seem to have bought the data

and sent me a claim letter for an alleged office in January 2013.

for £100 PCV charge plus £54 legal costs?

is there a time limit for these and can they go back to all that time and start again?

Type in excel VCS BW

In the search cag box of the top toolbar

Find and send the one line denial letter text

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you mean this one liner ?

No keeper liability under POFA has been created by any correspondence received by the keeper of the Vehicle Reg and therefore this claim is denied in its entirety. Please refer the matter back to your client.

Edited by dx100uk
Reg no removed -dx

:wink:

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

stop using the word 'FINE'

nowhere does any of their paper use that word

its a speculative invoice.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Everyone - I have written letter on this one to BW legal and its going in the post tomorrow. Ill keep you updated so as to help others.

All i have written is the "one liner above".

• 1 month later...

they have replied with this:

You have stated that no contract was entered into by the driver at the time. By driving on the roads within the airport grounds you have accepted the terms and conditions operated by VCS. The terms and conditions(" terms") where clearly visible and displayed other side of the roads and by stopping in a prohibited area, you have breached the terms.

In order to prevent further cost from being incurred we will be grateful if you would contact us within seven days from the date of this letter to pay the balance.

We look forward to hearing from you within seven days.

7 days is a bit rich especially as they have told me in another thread of mine that they had no dutiful legal requirements to respond within the time frame I gave them to my request for information, in this case it was 14 days!...

What is the next course of action.?

Not if it is not relevant land (i.e. covered by separate byelaws) as described by EB in post #7. Moreover, (as I understand it from reading this forum regularly) the instruction that stopping is prohibited does not constitute establishment of a contract, so they can't pursue you for breaching a contract.

everyone that has sent the one liner in the last few weeks has now had a reply

along the lines you have had.

safe to ignore.

means nothing.

just don't ignore a claimform

and they

you send nothing more

and they

if you chase after them then they will believe that you havent a clue what you are about and they will be even more determined to pursue you.

as it stands they are hoping you dont call their bluff as they know they are just using bullying to get some money.

Some parking co's go as far as phoning you up the day before the court hearing offering to settle for say £150 or even £60 for their costs.

Why would they do that if they were right?

The daftest one I had was CEL phoning me the day after they failed to appear at a hearing so lost their claim asking for £600 to drop the matter. Now that is greed and stupidity

• 2 years later...

I have received 2 letters from the above company out of the blue and over last 2 months,.

I have never dealt or heard anything from them before?... but they mention Vehicle Control services but have not supplied vehicle reg?, date of alleged offence?, or location?

they have just included a VCS case number which I have no idea what it relates / which vehicles etc ?

maybe its a deliberate omittance to seduce me in to contacting them? eg. "have you made a mistake?" etc

Knowing how these companies work I am not for enquiring either for the information to clarify.

The only long standing PCN I can remember was back in jan 2013 at Liverpool airport where a van photographed, me pulled over on the entry road to the airport as my father who is elderly was suffering sudden chest pains and we pulled over for a couple of minutes.

at this time there were lots of people fighting John Lennon airport on these pCN's.

I think I replied after getting advice here something to the fact of " no keeper liability and not relevant land ?" & heard nothing ever since!... that was 5 - 6 years ago so not even sure if this is the case its referring to.?

1. 17th July - "notice of debt recovery" - no reference to offence , dates, vehicle reg etc - just a VCS case number asking for £160. also mentions in small print at the bottom of the page that "this case is not subject to high cost or Bailiff action"

2. 6th Aug - "Legal recovery Action" threat to take to court as not replied.

- what is the legal stance on PCN's over 5 years old and what should I do ?

never heard of this company before?

thanks

you ignore them.

look at the old paperwork from VCS that you kept didn't you?

match up the ref numbers.

bet its the same one

they have 6yrs to do 'court'

have you moved too since then?

and they

I've merged your old thread for the history too

yes 6yrs from the date you did it.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

here is an interesting addition: I am buying a new car and there was a search done by the finance company , no problem, however the credit reference agency sends an automated email saying I have a change on the file which is normal. however on checking the file guess what?.

I have just seen that BW Legal completed a search on myself in Feb 2018? Now that is a surprise as at that time I had no correspondence at all and had not given permission to complete search - not sure at what level or how legal it is to do this without permission? any legal guys out there who know the privacy rules pre-GPDR would be good to hear from?

BW will have a consume credit licence so can search when they like

and they