Arnold clark PCP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i was due to pick my 1 year old car up from arnold clark today but due to an admin error it has been cancelled.

While my Audi was in their branch for repair i asked a salesman to value my Audi and let me know an agreed price to part ex it against another newer car. He left me a voicemail confirming my car is ok and clears itself so i would be fine.

I told him my car is 60,000+ miles, fresh mot and service.

He has viewed my car, tokd me his boss had viewed it and was happy.

So i go in and sign the vehicle order form to get the vehicle transferred from Dundee to Wishaw which was constantly delayed for around 2 weeks.

It finally arrived and i went to collect it today. When the salesman drove my Audi from the forecourt to the back of their Building he came back in asking about the mileage.. i once again said yes 60odd thiusand. He said ive got on my system its on 26thousand miles.

So him and his boss go outside, start going over my car again and come in with an ultimatum. Pay more monthly for the new car or walk away.

They originally valued my car at £8k... they came back saying its now only worth £6k.

The more fun issue now is, Arnold Clarks staff sent out the V5 to this car in my name. So i am the registered keeper of the new car, without actually having the new car.

Where do i stand on this payment wise??

If Tesco or such incorrectly price an item worth £20 at £2 im allowed to get this product then they fix the price. How does this work out from here?

The V5 should arrive next week at someooint and they want it returned. Only issue ism. I want the car for the price we agreed on and signed the order forms for.

Are you saying the real mileage is 60,000 but only showing around 26,000 ??

No, the real mileage is 60,000 and shows 60,000 but the salesman somehow put down 26,000 on his sheet for my car.

If the V5 for the new motor is now in your name

I would be wary of simply handing it back to the garage as it's your responsibility to inform dvla

so don't rely on the garage doing it.

I'd probably insist they sign and give you the yellow V5C/3 section before handing over the rest of the V5.