PIP Award - Mistake by DWP - Urgent Advice wanted!

Simon7685
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just completed my migration from DLA to PIP. My DLA was an indefinite award of HRM & MRC.

My assessment went better than I expected to be fair, I asked the assessor the normal question re what she thought my chances were, she said she would support what I had put in my application. After a 5 week wait the letter arrived last Saturday.

I was awarded standard rate mobility on an ongoing basis until June 2026.

I received no award for daily care.

On checking the letter closer I saw that they had awarded 8 points for daily care - so I should have got the standard rate!!! The letter even said you have been awarded 8 points for daily living and have been awarded (blank space) rate.

On Monday morning I rang up, they agreed the letter contained an award of 8 points for daily living. I was told they would put an urgent call for the case manager to ring me and because of the situation would put a 48 hour time limit for the call back.

48 hours came and went and no call.........

So I rang again and this time I was told that I should not have been told 48 hours, it was 24 hours to 5 days for a call back. I was less than impressed. The person said they would refer it for the case manager again to call me.

It is now Friday afternoon and no call back received.

To say I am angry is an understatement. Can anyone help with what I can do to move this along? I considered asking for a MR but to be honest I don't even know whether I have been awarded anything for daily living until this is sorted so a MR isn't really an option yet.

All I want is to know where I stand am I going to get a daily living award or not and if not I can then begin the MR and appeal if required.

I even asked to be put through from the call centre but obviously they can't/won't.

Any ideas gratefully received, thanks in advance

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

That sounds about right for the now faceless DWP that no one takes ownership of issues like this, I bet under the old system before politicians meddled you could have spoken directly with someone who could have made the changes within hours , now everything is via call centres across the uk who can't actually help most of us, it's a shambles