Sanctioned for 6 weeks

mashmallow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone provide me with some advice, my son has been sanctioned for 6 weeks for failing to turn up to an appointment, what can he do to get some money for now as no money and rent ect to pay.

Mashmallow

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Please can someone provide me with some advice, my son has been sanctioned for 6 weeks for failing to turn up to an appointment, what can he do to get some money for now as no money and rent ect to pay.

Mashmallow

Harship payments from the DWP as said in the info already provided, And if was on housing benefit or LHA ,rent paid by council. he should declare no income by filling in the form from the council, otherwise the rent money will stop as well, same goes for the CT ,benefit, so it's important to see or speak to some one at the council,

As for the sanction, if your son believes he had a good reason for failing to attend the appointment and has some evidence to back this up he can request a Mandatory Reconsideration, giving the reasons why he feels he had good reason not to attend, within 28days of the sanction, this can be done verbally, but the DWP are reluctant to accept MR requests this way, so best writing to them get proof of posting at the post office (its free)

send any evidence with the request

• Haha 1

Guess what they gave him £45 for 2 weeks how can someone survive on this???

Mashmallow

Hardship payments are supposed to be 60% of the normal JSA payment so if under 25 JSA@£57.90 pw, =£46.32 every 2 weeks. and yes i agree with you it's not enough to live on , though it may just feed you

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/further-information

JSA under 25 @ £57.90 pw

which = £115.80 for 2 week signing period

£115.80 x 60% = £69.48 for the two weeks.

So I am assuming that either

they have calculated the hardship payment at approx 43% or

your son has some repayment plan going out of his benefit for a crisis loan (or similar) therefore the £45.00 for 2 weeks

is the £69.48 less the amount taken for the repayments.

JSA under 25 @ £57.90 pw

which = £115.80 for 2 week signing period

£115.80 x 60% = £69.48 for the two weeks.

So I am assuming that either

they have calculated the hardship payment at approx 43% or

your son has some repayment plan going out of his benefit for a crisis loan (or similar) therefore the £45.00 for 2 weeks

is the £69.48 less the amount taken for the repayments.

That's what i get for relying on the built in calc, sometimes it will give the correct figure other times it will give some spurious amount

That's what i get for relying on the built in calc, sometimes it will give the correct figure other times it will give some spurious amount

Interestingly 60% of 57.90=34.74 which is what they should pay, but my other calc basically equals the amount deducted 40% 23.16 per week so they deduct 46.32 each fortnight from the jsa payment of £115.80 =£69.48 maybe they have taken 60+% in error instead of taking 40% ?

A hardship payment is a reduced amount (usually 60%) of your JSA.

Eligibility

• AndyOrch changed the title to Sanctioned for 6 weeks