Harland's and Xercise 4 Less

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter cancelled her membership by sending a letter to her X4Less Gym, then cancelled her DD a month later.

She recently received the Standard Harland's letter saying she owed a month's membership

with their standard threats of Admin fees.

She was outwith the main contract period.

We wrote back to them, after looking at advice on this site,

and told them she had cancelled and we wouldn't accept any fees.

We enclosed a copy of the cancellation letter.

Today we received a reply from Harland's, their reply was:

"We can advise the Xercise for Less do not deal with cancellations by letters,

in fact you would be required to provide them with 1 months notice via their website under the FAQ section" my highlighting.

I found this statement incredible, no cancellation by letter, it goes beyond all common sense.

I'm planning to write to them to highlight how ludicrous this statement is

and tell them my daughter isn't paying anything but wanted to run it past the Forum first.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

pers I wouldn't bother

they know the score

and as far as I can see

you've paid for the cancellation period

so nothing more is owed.

good job

well done for reading the forum

and researching the correct advise for yourself first.

...wish more would do it themselves

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's hilarious isn't it!

Slick might advise different, but IMO, I wouldn't bother either, but I would complain to the gym, and escalate as much as possible, get onto social media and embarrass them on their own pages on facebook and twitter.

I would also complain to the CMA about their puerile attitude.

Tell X4Less that if they don't call off their toothless lapdog, then you will hold them responsible for the harassment and will seek legal remedy if needed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Sage and welcome to CAG

Don't bother replying to Harlands at all = it's a complete waste of your time and energy.

If Harlands/CRS continue to demand when you cancelled properly, you should use X4Less Facebook and/or Twitter feed to complain about the way Harlands harass their customers.

Keep us posted but don't be intimidated at all. Stay OFF the phone and don't worry about Harlands/CRS's demands and increasing fees - they are full of hot air !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice.

I'll ignore Harlands and instead send a complaint letter to the Gym's head office. My Daughter has already received the first penalty charge letter, with the threat of another charge.

Social media complaints may be the way to go as well.

Stephen

Hi Sage,

Sounds like a good plan with the social media. Keep it focused and polite as that'll carry more weight.

Keep us posted.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Update. The letter to Head Office has done the trick, reply below, many thanks to all who gave advice.

"Good afternoon

Thank you for your letter

Your membership has now been cancelled and Harlands have been informed not to pursue for default charges.

Please ignore any further correspondence from Harlands as it may take up to 14 days for them to process our instruction.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Head Office Enquiries

Head Office

Xercise 4 Less

Unit 1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Road

Leeds

LS4 2AZ "

Hi Sage and thanks for the update which is excellent news !! :whoo::whoo::whoo:

Hopefully that should be an end to harassment from Harlands/CRS but please let us know if you hear from them again.

If you can manage a Site Donation, it'll help us be here for others in the future, thanks.