BankFodder BankFodder

MrNobody

Tax Credits to Universal Credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1295 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

With parts of Universal Credit being delayed again,

does the statement from Damien Green MP, which says

“The managed migration of existing benefit claims will start in July 2019 and complete in March 2022,” mean that Working Tax Credits will continue to exist via HMRC until July 2019 and not until then will claimants then be asked to claim UC instead, or will the planned end to Tax Credits still end next year?

Thank you.

It all depends on circumstances in the area you live in,

In the area I live the JCP office only does universal credit for single persons only. Therefore for married couples etc WTC should continue to be paid until such time as the JCP offices have all been integrated onto the UC system and UC is rolled out for all claimants in the area.

So if I read the statement correctly it implies that by July 2019 the UC system for all claimants should be live in all areas of the UK and between July 2019 and March 2022 all the remaing benefits covered by UC will be migrated over to the UC system.

I could be wrong, And I have been in the past so please take any information as not 100% correct and do some additional research as to how accurate the information I have given is.

Sorry for my incredibly late reply - I thought nobody was replying so left it and continued my research.

I believe the same as yourself, although with any luck, I will off of it by then for positive reasons.

Thanks for your response.