Lowells/? claim form - OH's old Vanquis card 'debt'***Settled by Tomlin Order***

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I believe it says on the 3rd page about half way down under

"the following directions apply to thie claim"

6) each party must deliver to the other party and to the court office copies of all docs on which that party intends to rely upon at the hearing no later than fouteen days before the hearing?

the hearing is on 15th feb

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must proceed with the directions and prepare your disclosure and witness statement and file and serve by that date...its a good indication if by that date you have not received the claimants witness statement and disclosures ..they do not intend to proceed...so any thoughts of settlement should be kept in abeyance until such time...irrespective whether they pay the hearing fee or not.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well by doing as you are advised you probably will avoid it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And by not doing it your defence could be struck out...so no court but a CCJ on your file.:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi All,

sorry I don't mean to panic again

- but I don't know what to write to the court

I believe I need to submit a witness staement and any supporting docs

- I have no idea what to do!

Or should I be writing to Loweels with an offer??

they have provided the agreement and statements etc (post #74)

Lots of witness statement examples already here if you use sear h CAG box

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:-( yes but what am I actually going to say to them??

sorry I didn't pay it?

the charges are too much?

want to make arrangement?

default date seems to be wrong?

I know I'm a nuisence but I've just gone blank!

OK I'm no expert at all with this stuff, but I can't see any notice of assignment.

Lowell informing you of them buying the debt.

Also seems to be a lot of charges on the account, and the payment in June was that from you?

Just make sure everything is correct from their side,

there's a reason vanquish sold the debt if they had the original agreement!

Andy and DX are pretty good at picking apart these things hopefully they can help more.

it is correct, their deed is a document between them and the original owner of the debt.

What they must do is dig out the letter of assignment that the original creditor sent you.

Usually this is written by the debt buyer on the OC headed paper to show that it is real but theoretically sent by the OC.

Lowells will have a copy and must provide it to show they have the right to take you to court.

then that is something to beat them with if you named it correctly and they havent supplied it.

They should have done this before if you sent them a cca request.

The cca request wont have to name the letter separately,

they have to show a list of things to make it all legit and that is one of them.

Others include annual statements and so forth

Type Lowells/vanquis into the cag search on the red bar and liok at simikar WS's, Base yours around one of those approved and put your circumstances into it, bearing in mind the defence you submitted.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I think what he's trying to say martin is he used a no paperwork defence but they have sent paperwork now.

Also most of the WS are no paperwork ones, so what should he use?

The thing is myfamily WS is your personal account on what has happened.

In your case you want to show the claimant it's not going to be easy and that even what they have sent isn't perfect.

Hopefully (dismiss) best case scenario or arrange a deal,

but neither will happen if you don't show some flaws in there claim and paperwork

I've picked up on no notice of assignment but can anyone else find anything wrong with what they have sent?

MF scan up what they have sent you please to ONE multipage PDF

[agreement etc etc

and they

Hi all, I've had a search for something to write to Lowells,

but like Jay said I can't see anything that is similar,

most of the witness statements and defences are for no paperwork

- no idea what to do and panicking a bit! :-(

There is no templates for ws my family, you need to write this in your own words. You need to explain how they have not followed everything down to the t and how you are going to defend this EG no notice of assignment. You need to set some doubt in the claimant so you win or get a good reduction on a settlement.

are all the details correct in everything that they have sent ? dates, addresses

This is the ws I did in my case with hoist, its not the best but you will get a general idea http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462050-Hoist-Claim-form-old-Barclaycard-debt-***Claim-Discontinued***/page3

post 49

knowledge is key, go have a really good read on lots of other cases and get the whole idea of what goes on and what to expect. No one can do this part for you but ive found if you give things a good try first then people can give constructive criticism and tell you what to change.

• Haha 1

Jays WS is a good example of how you need to lay it out MF.

Start with the header, filling in with your own info and begin with paragraph 1 after that.

Once you get into the flow it becomes easier to write, its the getting started that stumps people.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi All, just wondering

- my court docs says that I have to file a witness statement no later than 14 days beofre the court dat (15th Feb)

but it also says that the claimant has to pay the hearing fee by 16th Jan or the hearing will be removed from the list.

do you think it's worth me ringing the court to see if that fee has been paid?

yes always

and they

Just called them - they paid the fee on 17th Nov. :-(

And apprently today is when the witness statement and supporting docs have to be in! 14 WORKING days beofre the 15th Feb (i counted normal days and was going to do it next week!

She said they have not recieved any documents from Lowells, so I'm really worried now! , I'm gonna have to get something sent as fast as possible tomorrow morning (i'll never make tonights post)