Convention tickets change of T&Cs?

clairey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct sub-forum so apologies if this needs to be moved.

Quite a simple question, but one I couldn't find an answer for. I bought a ticket for a convention this month. When I purchased the ticket in November 2015 the dates of the event were Thursday - Sunday - 4 full days. The cost of tickets had increased by 43% over last year, but because they were advertising an additional 1.5 days for the event (last year it started at 1pm on Friday), this seemed a reasonable increase. SEVEN months after ticket purchase and just two months before the event, the organisers slashed the length of the event back to Friday - Sunday instead. They offered no refund and instead just gave everyone a free picture worth £5.

I want to know if I'm within my rights for a refund on the ticket based on this change of T&Cs? I'm pretty angry that the cost is now so high for essentially the same event and feel I've been duped into accepting the hugely inflated cost for the event. But essentially I'd like to know if I am entitled to a refund based on the fact I won't be getting exactly what I was sold?

Thanks,

Claire

Have you exhausted their complaints procedure and what do the t&c's say about changes to bookings on the part of the organiser

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

No you bought tickets for a convention and there was a convention. All such event tickets include terms and conditions which include a clause stating that the event may be subject to change.

Had they changed the event totally to a different weekend, then yes they would issue refunds for tickets if you could not attend.

Was this the Star Wars convention held in London recently ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No you bought tickets for a convention and there was a convention. All such event tickets include terms and conditions which include a clause stating that the event may be subject to change.

Had they changed the event totally to a different weekend, then yes they would issue refunds for tickets if you could not attend.

Was this the Star Wars convention held in London recently ?

I'm not so sure about that. If you bought 4 laptops but were only supplied with 3, you would expect a refund for the one not supplied. Surely the same applies here. Four days were paid for but 'they' changed it to three so quite

rightly the op is expecting to be reimbursed for the day not supplied.

If the convention organisers managed to squeeze in all of the planned events into 3 days rather than the 4 days, i don't see what they missed. If they were attending the convention as a business to sell products, then i can see the argument.

I just don't see a claim or the amount would be small. Annoying if you made plans for 4 days, but are you really going to pursue beyond a letter of complaint.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No, not the Star Wars convention. This event hasn't happened yet.

The T&Cs do not state anything about the event being subject to change in that way. Yes, there is a clause about guest cancellations and subject to work commitments, which is totally standard practice. Nothing about the event times/length/etc changing.

Travel and accommodation was booked based on 4 days. Fine, the argument might be that they can fit everything into 3 days that was going to be on 4, but I don't see how that is possible. This event is always jam packed with wall to wall guests and events, every year.

My question was whether it is reasonable for me to push for a refund. I'm not taking anyone to court over it. But I like to be polite when asking for a refund and make sure I'm being fair by knowing my rights and the organisers. Hence my question.

All you can do is write to them advising what you are missing out on because of the change they have made.

Unless you are missing out on something, i can't see they would have to do anything.