style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening people, slightly confused and really needing some advice. I would just like to front im not a bad customer, im not one of these who complains about everything I am actually quite considerable, as apposed to the person I am dealing with quite frankly taking the ......

Anyway onto the point, I made an order on January 4th 2014 for a full computer build over at Overclockers UK. I paid £1.1k for the full system and everything was great all until the 9th May 2014 just 4 months and 5 days from the original purchase date where the graphics card failed. After buying all new parts to 'test' upon their advice it turned out to be what I suspect it of. Being scared of getting charged for sending back an unfaulty product, it turned out it was faulty and it took over a month to get it sent back, repaired and replaced.

All is good, I have my build back up and running, then comes the 24th September 2015, 1 Year and 4 months after having it replaced the exact same problem happens again.. Under warranty and at my cost £40 now to send it back (including the first time) I have the card sent back to be repaired. Instead this time they sent me back an actual graphics card that they had received from another customer sending it for repair. So they sent me a totally different, second hand repaired graphics card.

That's two completely different cards I have now been in possession of, once again it ran fine everything was good up until recently, the 25th July 2016 the card had the exact same fault, it basically crash's under 3D load deeming it absolutely void from its primary usage.

The card is now not under warranty, and they are pretty much just telling me to **** off. I even asked for advice on their forums and they closed the thread and told me to 'Post in the customer support section'. Below is the full correspondence so far;

Hi

Unfortunately this card is now well out of warranty.

I am sorry for any problems caused by this

Bailey

The card comes with a 2 year warranty from the original date of purchase

The warranty expired on 04/01/2016

So if the card is actually faulty we wouldn't be able to RMA it now if it is gone faulty again.

Sorry if this causes an issue.

Bailey

The warranty on all gainward graphics cards are 2 years and it always goes from the original date of purchase.

You dont get a fresh warranty on a replacement as effectively you could get an unlimited warranty and it doesnt work like that.

If I could RMA it I gladly would do but the warranty expired on 04/01/2016

Again I am sorry about that.

Bailey

That is correct

Just to let you know if you send a letter in it would be dealt with by myself.

I believe my colleague spoke to you on the phone as well who informed of the same stance.

Bailey

Ok not a problem

Again sorry for any inconvenience with this situation.

If it was something we could RMA we gladly would do.

Thanks

Bailey

((Note, this 'discount offer' was after I asked them to confirm the address in regards to me sending them a letter via post))

If you wanted to purchase a new card to get up and running I could authorize a discount and free shipping if this helps?

Bailey

Hello

I am sorry to hear that Gainward were not much help over the phone, you may want to drop them an email on (removed) if this is better for you.

That is correct when purchased you were governed by the sale of goods act so with that being said as the item is over 6 months old there is a reversed burden of proof on the end user to prove the item was faulty.

As this is a replacement item over 6 months old again you would also need to prove that this card was faulty as it was a different one.

We would need an unbias 3rd party report in order to prove that the card is actually faulty. Even if this can be proven it doesnt mean that a repair / replacement will be given under the SOGA.

I totally understand this is quite upsetting but there is an acceptance period on a product and as when you purchased the product it was sold with a 2 year warranty so by purchasing this you have accepted this warranty period.

The best thing I can do in this instance is to drop gainward an email with your serial number and they will then tell me if its in warranty.

If it is we can accept it back to be sent for repair or you can sent it to them directly, if not we would not be able to RMA it at all.

Bailey

The reason the RMA claim was rejected previously by the staff on the phone and myself is simply because the card is out of warranty.

if we got every card back which was out of warranty and refunded or replaced them we would go out of business. This is why cards are sold with warranty periods.

You do not get an unlimited warranty on any graphics card that I am aware of and the warranty does not reset if you get a repair / replacement.

Even if you do get a repair / replacement it does not mean that the card was faulty within 6 months at the time of sale. It means it was faulty at the time of return and not inherent.

Yes items can fail (as with any electrical product) and we as a retailer do not knowingly sell faulty items, where is the business model in that? It seems that it has developed a fault over time which can occur.

I can email them your serial number to see exactly what they say if you do not want to do it yourself.

Yes the SOGA is aimed at the retailler not the manufacturer so if you can provide a 3rd party report for this card to prove it was faulty at the time you received it the best outcome we could potentially offer providing your claim is accepted would be a partial refund in compliance to the SOGA.

Bailey

At first they just wanted to shoo me off, I kept at it and they finally somewhat budged.. I just dont know, I am down £400 right now. I could partially understand if I had no issues prior but still, this is the 3rd card in just over 2 years with the exact same issue and they are just not having any of it.

Any and all advice is highly appreciated, thank you for taking the time to help me in advance.

First google the graphic card to see if there are anyone else has experienced the same problem with this type of card.

Try dropping the frame rate. OK you will loose some quality but it will prove that the card cannot handle the load.

Carefully read the minimum requirements of the games you are playing and ensure that your PC meets this spec.

Before playing the game make sure you have closed down any other progs. That are running.

Check the cpu usage during playing the game.

Evening people, slightly confused and really needing some advice. I would just like to front im not a bad customer, im not one of these who complains about everything I am actually quite considerable, as apposed to the person I am dealing with quite frankly taking the ......

Anyway onto the point, I made an order on January 4th 2014 for a full computer build over at Overclockers UK. I paid £1.1k for the full system and everything was great all until the 9th May 2014 just 4 months and 5 days from the original purchase date where the graphics card failed. After buying all new parts to 'test' upon their advice it turned out to be what I suspect it of. Being scared of getting charged for sending back an unfaulty product, it turned out it was faulty and it took over a month to get it sent back, repaired and replaced.

All is good, I have my build back up and running, then comes the 24th September 2015, 1 Year and 4 months after having it replaced the exact same problem happens again.. Under warranty and at my cost £40 now to send it back (including the first time) I have the card sent back to be repaired. Instead this time they sent me back an actual graphics card that they had received from another customer sending it for repair. So they sent me a totally different, second hand repaired graphics card.

That's two completely different cards I have now been in possession of, once again it ran fine everything was good up until recently, the 25th July 2016 the card had the exact same fault, it basically crash's under 3D load deeming it absolutely void from its primary usage.

The card is now not under warranty, and they are pretty much just telling me to **** off. I even asked for advice on their forums and they closed the thread and told me to 'Post in the customer support section'. Below is the full correspondence so far;

((Note, this 'discount offer' was after I asked them to confirm the address in regards to me sending them a letter via post))

At first they just wanted to shoo me off, I kept at it and they finally somewhat budged.. I just dont know, I am down £400 right now. I could partially understand if I had no issues prior but still, this is the 3rd card in just over 2 years with the exact same issue and they are just not having any of it.

Any and all advice is highly appreciated, thank you for taking the time to help me in advance.

one more thing i would like to ask did you overclock the graphics card since that can cause problems , not saying you did had to ask though since it seems you hasve been unlucky with your cards