At loggerheads with Main dealer over charges - Advise required please

AllenJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any GOGW is a fob-off.

there s more to be had as we don't want this offer scrutinised legally as we'll probably lose more than just a monetary value but also any reputation we had by people finding out what we actually did was rather dodgy anyway.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The first three lines Conniff. I did post the reason why with an example of how it works but I expect that's being vetted at the moment lol!

I think it is the whole piece of text that needs to be re-written; perhaps based in fact rather than in biased bitter opinion

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

I think it is the whole piece of text that needs to be re-written; perhaps based in fact rather than in biased bitter opinion

What, you mean it should contain words like cheat and con artist ?

I'm sure I posted a response to how it should look.

I think it should say " a goodwill payment is where the manufacturer recognises the fact that the failure is unusual and that whilst not admitting liability feels they ought to contribute towards the repair as the end user has not received the full benefit of the product within the designed lifecycle. However this will be as a certain percentage of the remaining lifecycle that the end user has been deprived of on the basis that the said item has been serviced in accordance with the recommended servicing recommendations"

There is an ebook that might help you see, The Consumer Survival Handbook

With the Consumer Survival Handbook by your side and the support of the thousands of like-minded fellow consumers and small businesses on the CAG forum, you can give yourself the best chance of standing up to the energy companies, the mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies, the debt collection agencies, the reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before the interests of their own customers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Consumer-Survival-Handbook-Reclaim-Guides-ebook/dp/B01J6MQZT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470242019&sr=8-1&keywords=consumer+survival+handbook

• 4 weeks later...

Whao, I've learnt a lot.

Thank you all for your contribution, i finally picked up my car yesterday, £3000 lighter.

On reflection, I honestly couldn't think how i would have prevented this mishap than to always get 2nd or 3rd opinion, which is not only time consuming more costly as everyone will charge for diagnosis.

Re: Gesture of Goodwill : SEAT offered 20% which the dealer still aren't sure how they will work it out, apparently it's not simple arithmetic. So, still waiting for a refund.

I guess, that's me changing cars every 3 years or going to the workshop to learn about engines.

Once again, thank you.

Whao, I've learnt a lot.

Thank you all for your contribution, i finally picked up my car yesterday, £3000 lighter.

On reflection, I honestly couldn't think how i would have prevented this mishap than to always get 2nd or 3rd opinion, which is not only time consuming more costly as everyone will charge for diagnosis.

Re: Gesture of Goodwill : SEAT offered 20% which the dealer still aren't sure how they will work it out, apparently it's not simple arithmetic. So, still waiting for a refund.

I guess, that's me changing cars every 3 years or going to the workshop to learn about engines.

Once again, thank you.

It's times like this that makes you think having a lease car on a slightly higher monthly cost is worth it, as the car belongs to them so I would assume so does the cost of repairing it.