Disputing Unilateral Restriction on Land Registry

cosy94
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im hoping for some advice please.

My ex is trying to get a share of my property by claiming beneficial interest.

From what ive read he has no claim as we are not married, house is mine & he has never paid the bills or mortgage.

He has applied for a unilateral restriction to be placed on my house.

Ive read I can dispute this with the land registry but im not sure where to start & cant afford a solicitor.

Does anyone know the process or anymore info?

Will this mean I cannot sell or remortgage my house?

Thanks for reading.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX has posted, have a look at that thread. As well might be worth seeking assistance from a qualified professional for this matter. Its a very gray area due to the nature of the issue im afraid.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ive read I can dispute this with the land registry but im not sure where to start & cant afford a solicitor.

I would have thought that this type of issue would fall within the remit of family law. It would be worth contacting your local community law centre and see what advice they have to offer. To find your nearest centre, have a look here: http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/ or use google if your town is not listed (mine isn't, but we do have one).

If you have legal cover on your house insurance, they might be able to provide funding to see this thing off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I would have thought that this type of issue would fall within the remit of family law. It would be worth contacting your local community law centre and see what advice they have to offer. To find your nearest centre, have a look here: http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/ or use google if your town is not listed (mine isn't, but we do have one).

If you have legal cover on your house insurance, they might be able to provide funding to see this thing off.

Thank You. I will give them a call on Monday.