Raw sewage in my garden (essex and Suffolk water)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, my garden has been flooded for two whole days with raw sewage, I called Essex and Suffolk water, who directed me to Thames water to report the issue. Thames water visited my house to look at the problem, they explained that they had a sewer collapse, which they were repairing, they have said that when they have done the repair, they will be back to do a clean up.

I have had to leave my house for the last two days because the smell is unbearable, especially in the recent warm weather,my lawn and path are ruined.

Is there grounds here for a claim against them for what I have had to endure these last two days?

Many thank for all and any answers or help

Moonlandings

Never bite the hand that feeds you, always remember that while you are on this forum you are just a peasant....

Hi all, my garden has been flooded for two whole days with raw sewage, I called Essex and Suffolk water, who directed me to Thames water to report the issue. Thames water visited my house to look at the problem, they explained that they had a sewer collapse, which they were repairing, they have said that when they have done the repair, they will be back to do a clean up.

I have had to leave my house for the last two days because the smell is unbearable, especially in the recent warm weather,my lawn and path are ruined.

Is there grounds here for a claim against them for what I have had to endure these last two days?

Many thank for all and any answers or help

Moonlandings

You can ask to be compensated.

However, what are you expecting from them right now?. They've said they need to do the sewer repair, and will be back to do a clean up after, which is all one can expect of them at present.

See what they do to reinstate the path and lawn, then approach them for compensation (with a note of what else you feel needs to be done). Alternatively : do you have household insurance that might cover this, +/- legal expenses cover?.

Hi bazza thank you for your reply, I don't want to sound like one of those claim for anything and everything types, but this has happened a number of times over the past ten years, I can see already that the sewage has got under the slabs on the path and has lifted them and cracked one or two.

On previous occasions I have been polite and just accepted the inconvenience that this causes, I just want to give them a bit of a hard time now as it seems to get something done you have to shout and stamp your feet a bit.

But of course I understand that a collapsed sewer is something that the water company can't plan for.

Many thanks

Moonlandings

Never bite the hand that feeds you, always remember that while you are on this forum you are just a peasant....

you can ask for the recovery of your costs once the work is done so keep a record of what has been damaged etc. especiaaly photos and dig out some pictures of the "before" as well.

If there was a need for you to vacate the premises they would have to pay your expenses there but that will be down to a statutory nuisance rather than you not liking the smell.

you can ask for the recovery of your costs once the work is done so keep a record of what has been damaged etc. especiaaly photos and dig out some pictures of the "before" as well.

If there was a need for you to vacate the premises they would have to pay your expenses there but that will be down to a statutory nuisance rather than you not liking the smell.

Would this not also be a health hazard, ericsbrother ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D