PIP appointee form

mac25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got this form a few days ago and I need to return it by the 22nd (less than a week from when I received it). And I'm really not 100% certain how to fill in the box. It does say 'briefly' but I'm worried that if I don't put in enough information that it may go against me when I fill out the actual PIP forms when my son is 16...

My son has a diagnosis of ASD and had been getting high care and low mobility (the welfare officer at cab several years ago advised that I should appeal for higher mobility but I was just happy to get something and didn't want to go through an appeal even though he wasn't the only person to advise that).

My son has no concept of the value of items at all and there is no way he could manage his own finances but I really have no idea how to explain that.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated :)

PIP appointee form Page1.jpg

PIP appointee form page2.jpg

You can also apply(?) to become YS appointee.

https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

My son has no concept of the value of items at all and there is no way he could manage his own finances, My son has a diagnosis of ASD

I think you said it perfectly succinctly....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I sent off my pip appointee form last week and got home 5 minutes ago to find a letter from dwp saying they are visiting me tomorrow between 11 & 12.30.

Can they really do this?

The letter is dated yesterday and they must have known there was no way I could receive it in plenty of time to make arrangements to accommodate them.

I have less than 24hrs notice of a home visit.

My son is ASD and I homeschool him as well as his siblings and he doesn't like strangers in our house.

I would need time to sort out someone who can watch them.

Also what about any appointments I may already have at that time of day.

It is also the school holidays (homeschool children go on holiday too)

and what if we were away this week and didn't get the letter

and weren't in tomorrow either???

Sorry, I feel rushed and have no idea what I am doing much less typing

so sorry if this comes accross wrong.

I would prefer to meet them in a neutral location if possible

as it would make it easier for me to get someone to watch my son while he is at home.

So phone them up to advise them of these issues to ask for more notice so you can make arrangements for your Son with ASD.

Otherwise they will turn up and assume you had no problem or if you refuse to see them tomorrow when they attend then it might go against you. Better to phone them to make them aware of the situation to see what can be done.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They have said they will cancel tomorrow's visit and try and reschedule in a neutral location but they cannot guarantee this is possible.

They also say that my son needs to be there even though the letter did not mention this at all (which I pointed out to them). They say that if he does not attend then dla could be stopped and they need medical evidence from a G.P or other professional to say he is unable to attend if that is the case. I asked if his pediatrician could provide the medical evidence and they did not know as they are only the 'visitation services' and I need to phone DLA and ask them. (A neutral location is still needed if my son attends as he doesn't like strangers in our home).

At the moment they have currently left it as tomorrow's visit is cancelled and they will call back to let me know when/if they can schedule an appointment within the local job centre. They said if that is not possible then I must seek the medical evidence.

I would also appreciate any advice at what happens during one of these appointments. The letter says it is "about your application to be appointed to act on behalf of Mr * * "

Will they want to ask my son any questions and what kind of questions would they be? He could probably answer a question like a sum but that doesn't mean he understands the value of anything.... :|

Absolutely criminal, still acting with impunity!! Makes my teeth itch..

Please Please Please, ensure you document all of this, and when you have time, send your local MP a strongly worded letter regarding them presiding over such a criminal department.

The threat of stopping his DLA, is just that, a childish threat to get you to comply with them so they feel as though they have some control over you.

But the opposite is true, you need to get the names of everyone you come into contact with so you can hold them personally responsible, and ensure they know this fact from the outset.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!