First letter from CWD regarding Dubai debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

just received my first letter from CWD regarding Dubai debt.

Can't afford to pay for now.

I don't have any assets, not even a car.

Been paying the card for 3 yrs but currently I have no money and can't pay.

It will just balloon from now on and will never be finished.

In the letter it states they can pursue:

i.) debt recovery proceedings to be issued in your local court or

ii.) pursue a petition for your sequestration.

Can you advise what I should do.

Any solicitors in the UK that are experienced in this?

Hi All, just received my first letter from CWD regarding Dubai debt. Can't afford to pay for now. I don't have any assets, not even a car. Been paying the card for 3 yrs but currently I have no money and can't pay. It will just balloon from now on and will never be finished.

In the letter it states they can pursue: i.) debt recovery proceedings to be issued in your local court or ii.) pursue a petition for your sequestration.

Can you advise what I should do. Any solicitors in the UK that are experienced in this?

CWD have issued UK court proceeding for some UAE Banks, so it is possible. If you have no assets and little or no money to pay the UAE Bank, you might as well write to CWD advising them of your financial position and they will see that it is not worth pursuing you. Neither CWD or the UAE Bank are going to want to incur any court or other fees, which they would not get back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi uncle. Thanks for the response.

Where is your source regarding them being able to issue UK court proceedings?

I really don't have any assets and barely surviving every month, but will they believe me?

I can show them my monthly bank statement.

It is their first letter and I intend to respond to them.

I am guessing their next letter to me will be a SD?

By then I will probably get a solicitor (if I can afford it),

can you recommend any?

Thank you...

Hello and Welcome TGN.

I have started a new thread for you.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi uncle. Thanks for the response. Where is your source regarding them being able to issue UK court proceedings? I really don't have any assets and barely surviving every month, but will they believe me? I can show them my monthly bank statement. It is their first letter and I intend to respond to them. I am guessing their next letter to me will be a SD? By then I will probably get a solicitor (if I can afford it), can you recommend any?

Thank you...

It has been reported here and elsewhere that CWD have obtained UK court judgements. The UAE Bank terms, generally seem to allow enforcement of the debt outside of UAE in any country that allows it. UK courts will deal with foreign debts, due to case precedent that was set in about 1971.

UAE Banks have also obtained UK Bankruptcies which is evidenced by cases showing in the London Gazette.

To make you Bankrupt would cost them i believe about £3k. The fees were recently changed for creditor applications. If you have no assets or money, i can't see them bothering.

Write to CWD explaining your position.

Ask them to obtain full statements of account and a copy of the account terms and conditions written in English.

Other people have searched for UK Solicitors that deal with UAE debts

and there are very few who seem to deal with foreign debts.

If you search there is one lady Solicitor in London that deals with UAE debts

and she only seems to negotiate a reduced settlement.

I don't think you need a Solicitors.

CWD generally seem to lose interest, once they know a debtor has no money or assets.

Even if you ended up with a UK court judgement

, you would ask to pay small affordable instalments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you unclebulgaria. The debt is about GBP 2.5k. Maybe it has gone up slightly since the pound has plummeted against AED. Indeed I have had a look around and there seems to be no solicitors that know how to deal with this. So thanks again for your help.

CWD are a bunch of fleecers

don't believe everything you read around the net

if they've bought the debt

then tough on them.

IMHO if you are going to write to anyone

then its the original creditor in UAE

there are lots of little holes appearing

read the comments in the this article from this 2014 thread

turns out they are simply a DCA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?431524-any-new-updates-on-COYLEWHITEDEVINE-and-UAE-debt

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CWD are a bunch of fleecers

don't believe everything you read around the net

if they've bought the debt

then tough on them.

IMHO if you are going to write to anyone

then its the original creditor in UAE

there are lots of little holes appearing

read the comments in the this article from this 2014 thread

turns out they are simply a DCA

Yes, the article is so biased towards the UAE, but the comments are spot on!

:lol:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

So just an update. I wrote back to CWD over a month ago and requested for statements etc. and told them that I have no assets. Till now I haven't received anything.

So just an update. I wrote back to CWD over a month ago and requested for statements etc. and told them that I have no assets. Till now I haven't received anything.

Think that is par for the course. They go back to the Dubai Bank asking for the info and to see whether they want to pursue if there are no assets. I think in other cases, it has been months before any reply is received.

Think that is par for the course. They go back to the Dubai Bank asking for the info and to see whether they want to pursue if there are no assets. I think in other cases, it has been months before any reply is received.

Hi uncle. OK thanks for that. I will come back once I hear anything from them.

In terms of assets, how will they actually know that? By looking at the person's credit file?

Hi uncle. OK thanks for that. I will come back once I hear anything from them.

In terms of assets, how will they actually know that? By looking at the person's credit file?

Credit file for mortgage being paid.

Land registry showing property in her name

• 10 months later...

Just want to update everyone. After almost 1 yr I still haven't heard from CWD.

I think they realised it is not worth chasing me as they know they won't get anything from me.

as is this way with all these debts

I just wish people would stop giving in and feeding them dog buscuits

and they

Just want to update everyone. After almost 1 yr I still haven't heard from CWD.

I think they realised it is not worth chasing me as they know they won't get anything from me.

Just remember that if you ever fly long haul say to Australia or New Zealand don't go via an Islamic country. If you enter an Islamic country where the Dubai Bank may have registered interest in the debt on immigration lists, you might get detained until repayment is arranged. It is not worth the risk, if there are other travel options.

Just remember that if you ever fly long haul say to Australia or New Zealand don't go via an Islamic country. If you enter an Islamic country where the Dubai Bank may have registered interest in the debt on immigration lists, you might get detained until repayment is arranged. It is not worth the risk, if there are other travel options.

Hi uncle. Thanks for the reminder again. We have travelled in europe and far east asia and there was no issue with immigration. A lot of people have been threatened with interpol but then again thats just scare tactics. We flew with cathay pacific so the route was over russia.

Thinking of flying with turkish airline next time. Do you think thats a wise idea?

Hi uncle. Thanks for the reminder again. We have travelled in europe and far east asia and there was no issue with immigration. A lot of people have been threatened with interpol but then again thats just scare tactics. We flew with cathay pacific so the route was over russia.

Thinking of flying with turkish airline next time. Do you think thats a wise idea?

Don't know about going to Turkey, but no problem using the airline to go to a non islamic country.

The interpol notice issues seems to only relate to business type debts rather than consumer debts. But how many of the online stories have any truth to them, i am not convinced. They are not in mainstream media where the facts have been checked.

from my extensive investigations over the last few weeks

it appears most of the so called 'apprehensions' at airports are made up stories

these appears only on forums run by people that fleece you out of money behind the scenes to write silly letters for you that you can do for free.

bit like the private parking ticket s.cammer sites

and they

Agree. This seems to be the case.

I think one advice site was set up originally for totally understandable reasons.

But if it then becomes a way of earning an income, there might be a temptation to believe in and publicise certain stories for which there seems to be little evidence. I might change my mind if a UK newspaper prints a story naming people detained at ports in Europe and the story is fully checked out.

I think there have been a few detentions at borders in the Middle East related to debts in Dubai, but i can't see why Interpol would allow UAE to start posting red notices regarding debts, so that people from Western countries get detained at European airports.

If it related to serious business fraud, i might understand it.