Vcs Ltd and BW Legal - stolen number plate 2010

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI...Brand new to this forum but hoping for guidance.

In 2010 I started to get correspondence from VCS stating I had parked outside the bays at Valley C entertainment Leisure Fund.

I had no clue what this was about and wrote to them to explain my number plates had been previously stolen and that I suspected this was who had broken their parking rules

. I even gave them the crime reference number.

I still got letters and calls from them and some legal team I think

but eventually they stopped. I presumed the message had finally got through.

Today I get a lett from BW Legal saying VCS Ltd have instructed them in relation to the pcn....plus initial legal costs the demand is £174.

I no longer have any of the details from 2010..

..so any guidance on how to proceed would be welcomed.

Thanks vry much.

Suggest you write back simply stating what happened and that this has nothing to do with you. Ask them to provide photographic evidence, which will help show that it was not any car you had parked.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Type in be VCS

In the search cag box of the top red toolbar

You are 1of 1000's that have had similar be letters

Best idea is to send the simple one line letter in those threads you'll see

The background you mention is immaterial to them

They just think people will fall for the begging letter

You owe nowt

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you very much for the advice.

So who do I send the letter to? VCS or BW Legal or both?

Is it the denial of debt letter that I am looking for? Surely they must get loads of people saying "not me Guv!"?

Appreciate your help :-)

write to BW legal and tell them in no uncertain terms that if their client is well aware of the matter of the stolen plates and if they continue to harass you appropriate action will be taken to address this as both a criminal act and civil tort.

The reality is that VCS found a bundle of old dodgy claims and are trying their luck with them via BW on a "no win no fee" basis so BW wont be spending money on this once you have shown them you arent going to fall for this latest ploy.

I see. I'm writing a letter now based on a denial of debt template - amended to reference the stolen number plates fact.

Does the time frame come into this at all? Surely they cant chase something almost 6 years old?

Its blanket to almost all old VCS &excel old speculative invoices

Go do that search I suggested and read

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I sent them a letter explaining stolen plates and other relevant denials, telling them to stop sending me letters etc. ..

Today I have revived a "final notice" It states they haven't received a espouse to the first letter which is untrue.

Should I ignore or respond again? It does say our client HAS instructed us to commence proceedings....

ignore,

they know that you are in the right and arent going to pay so if they wantr to waste their clients money then let them.

Obviously this will require more writing further down the line but as they havent learnt their lesson yet let them carry on as they wish andget clobbered for being unreasonable.

certainly not a phone call, if you want to vent your spleen at them make sure it is in writing and you have a copy. Email will do as long as you cc yourself or someone else in on it. they cant claim that it was killed by their spam filter, tough luck, that is like ripping up your post and then claiming you didnt get it as it is within the organisation's control.

So, if you want to contact them tell them that "as a victim of crime you dont expect to be harassed by some tin pot rentathreat and they should tell their client to stick the claim where the sun dont shine and seek out the real debtor as the law is on your side. They may need some help with their reading and writing but as a solicitor you should be able to do that for them".

Quote verbatim

Ok. Might be a little quiet at work tomorrow so will let my imagination run riot on an email....Thank you.

Has there been any court proceedings issued to anyone from this recent batch of barrel scraping?

yes, plenty

but all of the cases that VCS have taken to court that have been defended they have lost.

They have also dropped buckets full once a defence has been put in

so when you file your skeleton defence (if they are dumb enough to sue)

keep an eye on the clock as they usually just let them matter time out without officially dropping it.

When they are a day late paying the allocation fee contact the court and ask for the claim to be thrown out (best)or stayed.