• Tweets

• I would think I would have a strong enough claim with regards to him selling the vehicle on a trade sales invoice, at the moment I believe everything else is perhaps irrelevant...    I will keep updated on any progress with TS if they bother to respond and advice given by CAB as and when I hear back,   Thank you again.
    • Latest (available) government testing figures for 10-september-to-16-september (10 days ago)   "587,173 people were newly tested, consistent with the previous week but an increase of 30% compared to the end of August."   *** Which works out to UNDER 84,000 people a day being tested that appears to be collapsing Handcock, Dido and Sercos Trace-a-test - 30% up from only around 65,000 People tested a day at the end of August   .. for a claimed 240,000-300,000 'capacity which has and is collapsing when even a 3x increase in people being tested should be within the long and still claimed 'capacity   Given the lack of newer figures - they cant be anything to shout about eh?   So my prior estimates of around 60,000 climbing more recently to 75,000 were over estimates; but right in the ball park; and only exceeded in the last few weeks or so.   Info buried under multiple links https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-test-and-trace-england-and-coronavirus-testing-uk-statistics-10-september-to-16-september-2020/weekly-statistics-for-nhs-test-and-trace-england-and-coronavirus-testing-uk-10-september-to-16-september
    • cross posted see my post above..   oh so it's now paid off.... what does the debt summary line say...settled (forget the calendar marker section no-one bar you and the owner can see that.)
    • Yes that’s my point but they keep dismissing it saying the opposite so I don’t know how to argue back. My argument is they did and still are giving me false advice which I took and in turn put me in a worse financial situation.   I have the CCA for this and all DSAR info. This debt is now paid in full
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1528 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I drive a company vehicle ( recovery truck ) as part of my duties

and as with all of the company vehicles it as a tracker fitted for purposes of theft

and or monitoring the location of the truck and myself to see if im in a location

or area or if im going to be in that location within a time slot to attend another job,

I have no issues about this at all as it makes sense and is cost effective to my company

to send the nearest truck to attend a brake down,

my niggle is this,

my employer as given the log in details of the tracker to one of my co workers

who when not engaged in work duties logs in to the tracker on his mobile phone

and checks other drivers locations including my own,

i have asked him countless times not to do this as i see this as an invasion of my privacy

and see no reason for him to know were i am,

his answer is always the same ( hes not watching me, hes watching the truck )

and this same answer as been repeated by my employer when ive brought the issue up in front of him

although the truck is issued to me and parked at my home address when im off shift and not used by other drivers,

i also feel as hes doing this during the shift

hes also watching me when hes off shift as my shift ends 2 hours after his

but i have no way of proving that its just a feeling,

i have also brought it to his attention that im sure its a breach of the Data protection act

as the information is in fact being distributed by him having the log in details for the tracker,

so the question is,

is there any laws on this and can i do something to actually stop my co worker spying on me ?

or do i just bite my lip and put up with it,

Mark, welcome to Cag.

If this were me and I thought there was a breach of the Data Protection Act, I'd first and foremost get in touch with the Information commissioner who regulates the Act.

You can do this quite confidentially by email or just by telephone. This is the address, telephone number and email address:

Information Commissioners Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire

SK9 5AF

Tel: 0303 123 1113

email: casework@ICO.org.uk

I had a completely different issue about the DPA myself and despite what people say about regulators (chocolate fireguards most of them) they have been brilliant and very supportive for me, so call them and explain your issues and they'll tell you what you need to know.

If you get the answer you are looking for, ask them to confirm it in writing, then you'll have something to show your employer. Think first before making a complaint about your employer to the ICO as you don't want to jeopardise your employment if they begin writing to them.

Hope you get it sorted, sounds most uncomfortable.

andrew1

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

and as with all of the company vehicles it as a tracker fitted for purposes of theft

and or monitoring the location of the truck and myself to see if im in a location

or area or if im going to be in that location within a time slot to attend another job,

I have no issues about this at all as it makes sense and is cost effective to my company

my niggle is this,

i have asked him countless times not to do this as i see this as an invasion of my privacy

and this same answer as been repeated by my employer when ive brought the issue up in front of him

although the truck is issued to me and parked at my home address when im off shift and not used by other drivers,

i have also brought it to his attention that im sure its a breach of the Data protection act

as the information is in fact being distributed by him having the log in details for the tracker,

so the question is,

is there any laws on this and can i do something to actually stop my co worker spying on me ?

So your co worker has been given responsibility by your employers to keep an eye on the location of the companies trucks. Which they would be entitled to do and not a DPA issue.

Quite often within companies, employees are given responsibility for security or project, which they have to maintain a level of secrecy. There may be good reasons why your employers have done this and before you make a mistake, you should speak in confidence to your line manager.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

my niggle is this,

so the question is,

I'm not seeing the issue here, if the employee has been tasked to ensure the trucks are safe, either:

A) working (where the driver would notice it's theft!), where they would be expected to be "out and about", or

B) parked at its "not working" parking point.

Is the problem that this employee gets to know your home address?

That it gets noted as being at the parking point when you are supposed to be "on shift"?

Or that you feel you can no longer use the truck for non-work activities, after work hours?

I see their point : they are watching the truck, not you.

Nothing to stop you leaving your house in your own vehicle, in your own time, so it is the truck that is monitored, not you.

Hi,

I would get in touch with the ICO and see what they say.

I believe you can't suffer detriment for inquiring if someone is breaking the Law.

Also ask if the person has received the proper training as he is now in charge of personal data.

By the way how long have you been with the company?