Stoneacre: Lifetime Guarantee RE:second hand car from 2014 - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me.

I bought a second hand car in 2014 from Stoneacre Grantham for £7,000

the salesman who sold it to me (who actually was the branch manager) offered me lifetime warranty for the car for £1000.

I took him up on his offer and had the lifetime warranty added ONTO the value of the vehicle

- bringing the total goods value up to £8,000.

I've now had an issue with the vehicle which I would like to claim on the warranty for

- however Stoneacre are telling me that they have no record of me purchasing the warranty.

Having trawled through the masses of paperwork I was given when buying the car

I have managed to provide proof that I do in fact have lifetime warranty,

but Stoneacre are backtracking saying that they never add the warranty price onto the value of the vehicle

and therefore it must have been given to me for free...

I am PLEASE asking if anybody has also purchased vehicle lifetime warrant from Stoneacre

and also had the warranty price added onto the value of the vehicle?

I have contacted two different Stoneacre branches pretending to be a new customer

and both advisors have told me you cannot get lifetime warranty for free ever.

Citizens Advice Bureau have told me that if I can get confirmation in writing from another customer that they also had the warranty price placed on the goods price then I can strengthen my claim and get my problem solved..

. I'm completely at a loss! Please help!

Many thanks,

Jennifer

do you have the agreement please

can you scan it up in PDF format?

follow the upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I can scan my agreement in but my issue isn't with the documentation I've been provided with.

I need evidence that other customers have had the price of the lifetime warranty added onto the price of their vehicle -> if I can show proof that there are other cases of this being done then I will be able to take my case further with Citizens Advice Bureau.

I have no idea why matters a jot whether other people have had the price of a lifetime warranty added on to the cost of their vehicle. Citizens Advice seem to be giving very lukewarm advice based on the information you are giving us here.

If you have been given a lifetime guarantee – and you have evidence of it, then I don't understand why matters whether you paid for it or whether it was given to for free. Maybe you can explain this point.

Secondly, what is the issue with the car? Maybe you are covered under your statutory rights – the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which requires that the goods be of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time.

Please answer these questions.

Next, – and I suppose that you will hate the negativity of what I'm about to say – is that why on earth did you buy a guarantee? What were the terms of the guarantee? A guarantee is essentially an extended warranty. Follow the link under extended warranties to find out more about what you have bought.

When you say that you have a "lifetime guarantee", what does this mean? Is is for your lifetime? Is it for the lifetime of the car? Is it the lifetime of the dealer? Is it the lifetime of your cat? If "lifetime" refers to the lifetime of your car, then what does this mean? Does this mean that your car is covered right up until the bitter end when it has failed every possible MOT and needs a huge amount of money to get it through the next one? Does it mean lifetime of your car even though the big ends and failed, the gears no longer work, the body is rusted through, and any reasonable person would say that it was a write-off? Does the lifetime guarantee only repair the car when it is in that condition? Or does the lifetime guarantee mean that when it becomes disproportionately expensive to repair it, that they will replace it? Who makes the judgement? If at some point someone judges that the car is beyond economical repair, does this mean that the lifetime guarantee has now ended because the viable lifetime of the car has finished?

If you don't know the answer to all these questions then I think you have to ask yourself – what exactly have you bought, and why have you bought it?

the agreement usually shows warranty

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...