• Tweets

• The questionnaires below provide important information which will allow us to help you. In order to use them, you will have to copy them into your own post and then give us the answers – preferably in red below each question. You can start by overwriting the prompt: "Give answer here" below each question – and your responses should automatically appear in red   Thank you +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   If you have received a parking ticket or a letter concerning a parking ticket:   Firstly, please check whether this is a PENALTY charge Notice or a PARKING charge. If this is a PENALTY charge notice from a County Council or TfL , please click HERE   do not ever use or give an email address to a private parking company or their dogs   choose the relevant section below: WINDSCREEN OR ANPR [for ANPR there will be TWO PIX of entry/Exit] copy and paste the relevant questions section to a new reply msg box in YOUR TOPIC...answer each question at its end..hit send/post   For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....   1 The date of infringement? 19.1.19   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] Yes   if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]   I haven’t got any paperwork anymore.    has there been a response? They did respond but pursued the fine by sending letters roughly once a month    please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]   If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.   have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] I honestly can’t remember    what date is on it I don’t remember the date   Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? I seem to recall a photo of my car   [scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] Don’t know    4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] I can’t remember    5 Who is the parking company? Premier park ltd   6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Planet ice Gillingham, Gillingham Business Park, Ambley Rd, Gillingham ME8 0PU .............................   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]  (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement 19.1.19     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Can’t remember    [scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]   3 Date received Can’t remember    4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Don’t know    5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? I haven’t got any   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] I did at the time    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up As above    7 Who is the parking company? Premier park ltd   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] As above    For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No    There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here.     I’ve attached the letter I’ve just received after six months of hearing nothing . It’s like they’ve sold the debt onto CST law for them to try.  Unfortunately after all this time I didn’t think I’d ever hear anything more.    thanks in advance for your help    Molliemoo14     copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... in either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY  
    • to set aside a judgement you must satisfy 2 criteria: have a good reason why you did not receive & act upon the initial claimform and a basic defence as to why you do not owe the debt. ( paperwork wriggles are not a reason as the existing CCJ nulls any paperwork requirement)   should lose, you would be liable not only for your fee (£255), you could also be liable for the claimant legal costs, this could be £100's or more, knowing link and the value of this claim, they might hire a barrister whom are expensive.   IF the set aside is successful (it is only a very short brief hearing) the CCJ is removed from the register and this resits things to as if you had only just received the initial claimform. you can also ask for your fee back from the claimant.   At the same set aside hearing...the judge, or the claimant can immediately set a hearing date for the 'new' claim, whereby you will each have to exchange statements by a set date.   should this not happen, the claimant can latterly request a hearing that will follow the normal small claims process,   The longer they leave it the harder this becomes in regard to statute barring. The issuance of the initial claimform stopped the SB clock, the default judgement - reset it too 6yrs, however the set aside removed the CCJ and the SB clock resumes from the time it stopped - so SB date of 6yrs advances again from last payment or use of the credit as if no claim was ever raised.  
    • Obviously from Athena's point of view had you eaten enough carrots their signs would have been easily read. Your appeal would therefore be rejected. They use a kangaroo Court where you have little to no chance of winning. Even a cast iron reason for quashing your ticket does not overrule their reason -which is to rip every motorist off for as much as they can. You are dealing with crooks that pay scant notice of the Law. I would think that Lidl will cancel your ticket but if not you have a  claim against Athena for breaching your GDPR.  
    • The CMA has today published further detail on its views on the law in relation to cancellations and refunds during the pandemic. View the full article
    • Hello,  Sorry if this is the wrong section but unsure where else to post.   I hope i dont go on too long but just trying to give as much information as i can.   I have been looking after my two Grandchildren for the past four years after their mother was unable to look after them.  This was decided by both of us and never went through the courts.  They are 16 and 17 years of age now,  so in my care since 12 and 13.   Their mother has had no involvement in their life in any way, since  i have been caring for them.     Both children had social workers due to the circumstances.   Since being in my care,  I have received  child tax credit for both. I am 77 years of age and receive a state pension   In 2019 I was struggling financially and the children needed new beds as the ones I had bough were cheap but all i could afford at the time,  so I had to ask Social work if they could help with new beds and bedding.  These were delivered and I was very grateful and this was the only help i have asked for.   They have now been accepted for college and their tax credits have stopped and they receive £30 per week EMA.  When they applied for a bursary this was declined because they were not under Kinship.  I did call the social work to see if they could give me a letter stating that they were under Non cared Kinship but the social work declined to do this and stated that there was no Social work involvement,  although they had a nominated social worker who used to visit them at school as well as supplying me with beds and bedding so to me thats involvement.   I never received any Kinship payments,  but all i am looking for is a letter saying they were Non cared for !!   Would love advice from anyone who could give me advice on this.   Thank you 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1524 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I tried to find this out but cannot find.

Is there an explanation of the different member types?

i.e. Basic, Classic etc

If there is a sticky, would someone pls post the link

ta

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

ta :)

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

How come a Basic Account Holder is not mentioned in the link, think there could be a newer system, not that I can find it :)

EDIT: That's what I get for not reading the whole thread, found it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

How come a Basic Account Holder is not mentioned in the link, think there could be a newer system, not that I can find it :)

EDIT: That's what I get for not reading the whole thread, found it.

I'm sure I have seen 'Classic Account Holder' too which is not mentioned

Thread moved to more appropriate forum.

Sorry about the delay. I've had this information from Webby.

Basic Account Holder - less than 1,000 posts

Classic Account Holder - 1,001 to 3,000 posts

Gold Account Holder - 3,001 to 6,000 posts

Platinum Account Holder - 6,001 to 10,000 posts

Royalties Account Holder - 10,001 or more posts

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks hb :)

MrHat your almost a Classic Account Holder :)

Need to get your posting boots on.

Quality not quantity!

Quality not quantity!

Exactly, that's another one in the bag :)