• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyd sell 10yrs old Loan debt with CCJ/CO to Link - no-one has any records!!

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, the one in issue. a final charging order wld usually result re consent or following a county court judgment.

maybe a new owner wld have to formally put their name on it. sshh :)

see what the guys say

Now this is where I'm baffled cos as far as I'm aware I have never been issued with a ccj before re Lloyds but surely for them to put a charge on house back in 2006 that would have had to have happened first

I have never been issued with a ccj before re Lloyds but surely for them to put a charge on house back in 2006 that would have had to have happened first

ordinarily yes. unless a charging order was agreed by consent without a ccj, maybe re a secured debt?

Nothing was agreed by me. But as it turns out there's a good few things to do with debt in my marriage I knew nothing about until 18 months after I left. And I'm still trying to peice it all together. See my other threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my reply about the ppi almost 2 weeks after the money was paid in bank.

What's your verdict on this guys??

How can they make assumptions if they don't hold documents??

No mention of house charge either??

What's the next step here?

I Have more paperwork with this response ,

sar not due back till 2nd week of sept.

But doubt there'll be anything on there now after Lloyds response due to first loan being in late 1990's

PDF.pdf

Found a updated copy of deeds when I sent in oc2 form back in Feb requesting more info on Lloyds charge and they couldnt locate document see c3

Looks like they got a ccj then an interim co then a full co

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cruzhughes said:
Had my reply about the ppi almost 2 weeks after the money was paid in bank.

What's your verdict on this guys??

How can they make assumptions if they don't hold documents??

No mention of house charge either??

What's the next step here?

I Have more paperwork with this response ,

sar not due back till 2nd week of sept.

But doubt there'll be anything on there now after Lloyds response due to first loan being in late 1990's

Doesn't look right to me either

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no mention of charging order with all this ppi stuff

and no mention either of it being sold on to link financial.

Plus I've been badgering Lloyds to sent out paperwork as they paid money in 2 weeks ago

and hadn't recieved breakdown till today after lots of phonecalls.

No paperwork here asking me to sign agree to this payment and l paid out before my acknowledgement

Here's the rest

I have just totalled the ppi for each Loan 290.85 +96.85 + 581.70 + 775.60 +1066.45 +1260.35 + 1570.59 +290.85 + 387.80 am i right in saying this comes in at £6321.04 yet they are only saying I made a few monthly repayments on each Loan

Even if you divide the original amount of Ppi on each individual loan divided by the amount of months it was over times by the months they are saying i paid its not balancing?? Or is it me miscalculating?

lloyds ppi.pdf

sadly you are

but I'm still wondering if they have it 100% correct

sadly

you'd have to do some maths

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and they

Just paid £3 to land registry and Lloyds charge is still there.

Not a pip heard from link.

Still awaiting sar but

any idea where I could find out more about the charge that was put on in 2006 other than waiting for bank?

I've emailed Brighton court and they've told me to get in touch with local court and I am awaiting a response.

How would I go about finding all the particulars about this charge like amount whether it was a CCJ first and all paperwork I should have had and getting this charge removed?

get in touch with local court and I am awaiting a response

there, the issuing court wld know what has gone before them.

plus, the register of judgments.

dunno cant hurt to ask

there must be a record of the legal charge mind

surely LLOyds must have this.

cause I bet bottom dollar you tried to sell your house they'd except and take the money!!

someones lying here.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received this email of link.

They are in default of cca request.

And I have not recieved any letters off them since the one saying it could take up to 40days to provide the information.

What do I do?

Should I reply to email saying only contact by post?

URGENT CONTACT REQUEST

Please contact Nicole at Link on telephone number 033 30 145 145 quoting reference

You can contact an Account Officer on 0844 7360022 or alternatively via our website http://www.linkfinancial.co.uk where you can also make an immediate and secure debit or credit card payment by following the link http://www.linkfinancial.eu/customer-online-payments

you ignore plinks pleas to talk with you

they'll prob want to do some discount deal

before they have to admit they've bought a lemon

dx

and they

I've received sar back

on looking through there is nothing in there regarding a CCJ or a charging order

all loans say closed

the last one was taken out 20/04/98 and a note saying 19/04/99 DRU

this loan was for reseduling loans debts only and was for £8100 over 60 months worst ever arrears 4.

There is a credit card debt sold to 1st credit back in 2005 for what appears to £539.60.

Nowhere near the amount link are chasing.

Where do I go now to get more info on charging order?

I rang court they couldn't open a file on 2 things as they have told me it's too old.

I'm guessing one of these was the final charging order from Lloyds.

I think i'd be writing to Lloyds legal debt ?

with a copy of the charge

ask them to remove it as no-one can find any paperwork at all

and if you were to settle it

who would it thus go to?

and they

Any legal template letters on here that could help me there?

I'm going to foward everything I've received from Lloyds to Fos.

As case is already open with them re alternative redress.

Shall I mention charge to Fos

One thing it does say on letter off Lloyds is

Copies of default, enforcement and assignment are not saved by customer name, so we are unable to provide copies under a data subject access request.

The credits card debt that was sold on in 2005 also shows wrong date of birth. Makes me 10 months older.

However date of birth on 8 bank loans is correct.

no need for a template

simple letter only

fos wont be interested in the CO issue no

and they