• Tweets

• Hi Papat and welcome to CAG   Find one of my drafts on another thread and adapt it to say :-   I cancelled due to relocation to go to Uni and could not use the gym any more.   I now realise I should have given one month's notice and paid a final month's fee.   I'll pay this if you accept my  offer within 14 days but the offer will be withdrawn if you demand any more.   Put a draft here for checking first if you want.   Send the  letter to Harlands in Haywards Heath and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO
    • Name of the Claimant ?  Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1LI   Date of issue – 11th Nov 2019   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The Claim is for the sum of £2722 arising from the Defendant's breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no 4929421509954002 The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (EX BARCLAYCARD) Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1.The sum of £2792 2. Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £2977  Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes, possibly more than once. This claim form has been sent not to my actual address but to a friend's house who lets me use their address for post. I had to do this as I had a lot of post go missing at my own address a few years ago. My address on Clear Score is different and my actual address. I don't know how they got this address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I'd never heard of Hoist Finance before Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card bill   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? I genuinely don't know although according to Clear Score it was in 2010   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I don't know   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? It's on clear score both as Barclaycard and Hoist. The Barclaycard debt it £0 but the Hoist debt is £2792   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. I assume it's a debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I don't remember receiving a notice of assignment.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not that I remember   Why did you cease payments? I couldn't afford to pay the minimum and hoped that as the amount wasn't huge they might disappear   What was the date of your last payment? I think it was July 2014 but it might have been May 2015.     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge but it was so long ago I have no idea what the debt is for or how much of it might have been late/missed payment charges.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No I did not I've never had a claim issued against me before. Due to my profession it is imperative that I do not get a County Court judgement against me.  Please help with what I should do.  Thank you all in advance.
    • @Jase1982   I have been trying to get up to to speed, and struggling   "Unite general secretary Len McCluskeytold the Guardian that Labour had to win over the party’s traditional working-class supporters with by promising to end free movement of workers - migrant Labour from Europe - after Brexit."   Labour declares a completely stark raving mad open door to anyone and everyone   Immigration was and still is THE big issue driving Brexit (but Corbyn is of course a Brexiter)   Corbyn promises a new Scot ref, then doesn't then hums and hars.     So what actually is happening?     Corbyn declares he's in it for all voters - but seems to mean he wants to ostracise most voters (biggest issue driving Brexit) and bring in new voters who might vote for him in gratitude despite not knowing who he is and probably not caring, and hopes some of them might be nurses.   Cluckskey wants to end (EU) free movement or workers? So where is he on the open door policy - (Theres apparently 40-60,000 none Turk ISIS looking for a new home ...)     I cant make any coherent sense of it whatsoever. Bonkers.   correction: Only sense I see is keeping everyone at each others throats to prevent them seeing the real problem - Corbyn and his quite small cabal of left wing loons ‌
    • OK, using the Norgan rule  payments of £100 per month towards the arrears would clear them in the remaining term of the mortgage, but only just - you would need to keep those payments up for 12 years without fail.  However the lender might not be too happy about waiting 12 years and may force your hand by applying for an eviction warrant in which case you'd have to get a hearing before a judge for them to decide.  £200 per month would halve the time it takes to clear arrears.  You have to decide what sum you can afford to maintain for a long period.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1216 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

F-Secure is warning computer users about a significant increase in sightings of the Locky ransomware, typically

spammed out posing as invoices or profiles for positions at your company.

Here is how researcher Päivi Tynninen described the scale of the malware campaign:

Yesterday, Tuesday, we saw two new campaigns with a totally different magnitude: more than 120,000 spam hits per hour. In

other words, over 200 times more than on normal days, and 4 times more than on last week’s campaigns.

If you make the mistake of opening one of the ZIP files attached to the spammed out messages, you will find a JavaScript file

inside. Clicking on it would be a big mistake and lead to your computer being hit by the notorious Locky ransomware. Before you

know it, you may have lost access to your files and find yourself being blackmailed for their safe return.

Stay safe folks. Always be suspicious of unsolicited attachments.

Edited by Conniff
Duplicate source links removed.

Is this Windows specific, or can it affect Mac and Linux?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This is all OS's. It is the files they lock down not the OS.

This is all OS's. It is the files they lock down not the OS.

From what I read it could affect Linux and Mac on an affected open network share, but it needed to originate from a Windows box, as it couldn't execute from a restricted 'nix user account the activation being via a windows macro or executable.

Could be wrong though.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!