band 2 Healthcare Assistant

gideonssword

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started work as a band 2 Healthcare Assistant on 3rd of February 2014 on point one on the payscale.

In April 2015 point one was abolished for a band 2 so new starters would start on point 2

On 3rd February this year I'll be moving into my 3rd year of NHS yet I'll only go onto point 3 so it feels like I'm a year behind.

Would I have a case for asking for the next increment up?

Hi GS,

just looking at this and your other post - do you have continuity of service or have you just been re-employed?

I worked at an NHS hospital 2 years ago on a temporary contract. When I left I was supposed to hand my uniform in to be destroyed, I am an Healthcare Assistant.

I have just returned to the same hospital to take up a permanent post.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

When you changed trusts, would I be right in thinking that you were given a new contract, new Ts&Cs, pay scale agreed at that point? Or, did you carry over any continuity of service from your previous trust?

You also say that you've recently started a new role so if I read it right you were started on band 2 as any other new starter would have been?

My thoughts would be that if you have continuity of service you could at least ask the question, if however you've really only just started and are on a new contract with a new trust and were taken on as a new starter that your opportunity to negotiate would have really been at the start of the contract.

That said, there's no harm in asking and seeing what the response is.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• 5 months later...

Hi gideonssword,

I have started a new thread for you.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert