• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
    • Peter McCormack says the huge investment by the twins will help Real Bedford build a new ground.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome secured loans/charge - sold to Alpha/Prime -repo received - ***Claim Dismissed***

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good another 8k off the charge then.

how much was it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what value is the charge I forget?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone has gone to my old address earlier where my ex wife still lives chasing an old welcome finance debt??

What's going on?

How can they do this with everything that's going on.

Plus the debts been in dispute since march last year.

Not only that everyone has my new address and have done for almost 2 years.

utterly powerless dirty mac brigade

shows how desperate their case must be if they try that old chestnut on.

though sadly I read a thread today where someone blindly paid a doorstepping DCA £700 on a supposed phone debt in 2005 and has just found out the creditor never got it...theres a surprise!! as their credit file is still shot having gone for a mortgage!

and they

What they said was they want to set up a meeting up over an old welcome debt.

Hopefully I will be able to find out more later.

Who the company are and if they've left anything.

I still get 2/3texts weekly of alpha credit saying to call them.

Pic enclosed.

Only the one text was different saying they were expecting a payment.

It was around the time I received a letter from fscs.

Just had this sent to me off the ex wife.

Sounds to me as they have written or been there before funnily she doesn't remember.

What's my next steps?

Do I ring or send them a cca giving my new address (which they should have as I moved out of marital home 3 years ago)

mention the debt is in dispute and everything that's going on regarding it?

Should I also request copies of any prior correspondence be sent out to me?

So I can find out what the hell is going on.

IMG_9564.jpg

Excel.pdf

You do nothing

They are a powerless dca

and they

Shall I send that letter to the fos who are dealing with the irresponsible lending and explain Debt has been in dispute since march and have not received any notice of assignment even though it was sold in June.

My concern is they were at the old house this morning as the kids were leaving for school and they could go back. My ex wife has no idea what I'm doing with regards to all this and she hasn't a clue of everything I've found out since I left her?

why do you think this is linked to the welcome debts

do the hidden ref numbers match?

as a side

Prime Credit 5 [cant find any trace of that name!!]

is not linked to ALpha Credit as far as I can see

other than they both probably S a r l [Luxembourg ] registered

something smelly here.

for want of clarity

excel are financial advisors.

fleecers that chrge upwards of £150 to visit people with mortgage or secured debt problems.

they have no powers whatsoever.

and they

The account no matches the last Welcome loan. But it has /6 added to the end of it. Which. I'm assuming could mean it's the 6th call or letter.

Could they have gone to her as 2 people are really liable for the debt even though house is solely my name? But they are unable to chase me as I've put it in dispute and lodged the other complaints?.

Seems strange to me why they have gone there when they should have the 2 addresses I've lived at since I've left. Welcome have them.

I looked up alpha and they are a dissolved company and have been for a few years.

no alpha are on the fca register

right so alpha and prime must be linked too then.

and they

I've emailed the ajuducator at the Fos yesterday's letter and provided him with information I sent to welcome from march till end of April

my disputing the debt

their responses to CCA request which they couldn't provide due to missing signature,

payment chasing letters

, letter to say account had been moved to head office

and my debt in dispute letters.

Then they sent a sar (something I didn't request)

Found this link online https://primecredit.webcustomerportal.com/welcome/primecredit. Have a guess what company administers my Morgage

good grief so Acenden Limited have now bought many welcome loans/mortgages

and they

This is mad.

But what's even stranger is acenden know my current address too!.

Mental what you find online I just googled alpha credit 4/prime credit 5!!

Help and advice needed.

That guy has called the ex wife a few times today.

How can I put a stop to this as I don't want her jeopardising anything that's going on.

The house is solely in my name.

Everything is a mess already because of her and I'm doing my best to sort it all out without her knowing anything. .

Not sure where they've got her no from.

I believe she's being quite cagey with me.

deep breath let it run.

they will be rather pushy on accounts they've recently acquired

and will ost probably be very 'new' to the actually history of many of the welcome finance debts they've now bought in a lemondebt portfolio deal.

the simple answer is time and quick realisation that the portfolio is a lemon will set in

but its not dor you to tell them that.

its gone overseas, and like so much lemon debt sold to SARL companies its simply an asset tools to show they are 'this big'

its to your advantage and to your ex's to convince her simply to let it run.

on the bright side, this could be beginning of the end of many problems for people like you with debts that were never really owed.

and they

In early January 2015,

after it was bought out of administration by part of BlackRock,

Acenden ceased to be part of the Lehman Group

and thus ceased to have any connection with SPML in the company law meaning of connection.

That is why they do not have locus standii to instruct solicitors in possession claims against anyone with an SPML-originated mortgage.

(SPML is still part of the Lehman Group, although - last time I looked - it had no premises and no employees.)

I don't know enough about your circumstances to comment on why they've gone for your ex.

I think you maybe getting this thread mixed up with the one about my mortgage.

This thread is in regards to a company called alpha credit 4 and prime credit 5 that have bought an old disputed welcome loan.

Which Acenden administer by the looks on what I've found out.

However this is not connected to my Spml mortgage.

Just had Response from FOS.

What next Dx?

When can I take this?

Just drafting up a response to the FOS.

can you advise further?

Hi,

Thanks for response.

But I stated in letter below that I was not looking for any monetary compensation.

I firmly believe that had this company not irresponsibly rewrote loans time and time again when the first loan was unaffordable without doing credit checks and fully knowing that prior accounts were already littered with penalty/arrears charges.

There would be no outstanding balance on this loan.

Not only that this debt was put in dispute back in march 2016.

After which they've sold the debt on in June to a company called alpha credit and provided me with no notice of assignment. This company have now added their name to the land registry.

The fscs have awarded compensation however I've had no further information that this has gone off the outstanding balance. Or how much is owed.

Anything else I need to add?

Fos next response.

Where else can I go with this?

Thank you for your email.

I understand you’re not looking for anything to be paid to you.

But due to the position Welcome are in we are unable to make them reduce balances or alter them in anyway.

As they’ve sold the debt the balance with them is at zero.

So to do anything now would mean that they have to alter the balance with them, or make a payment to the purchaser.

So unfortunately we aren’t able to do anything here at the ombudsman service.

I’m not saying nobody can help you but our rules restrict how we can help.

I’m not sure if another organisation will be able to do anything so you may want to get some independent advice.

I’m sorry I can’t help you further.

Kind regards,

Further email from FOS

If you’re unhappy with the actions of the purchaser or need more information from them, you need to contact them directly.

Usually businesses can sell debts on even if they are in dispute. If it is then found that the debt shouldn’t be outstanding further down the line, then the business will seek to settle the balance with the purchaser. However, as Welcome aren’t in a position to do this, I’m not able to ask them to do anything.

From what Welcome has sent over, I understand the debt was sold on 20 September 2016. The balance at that date was £26,152.32. For a current balance I’d recommend you contact the purchaser.

I know this is a frustrating situation to be in and ordinarily our service would look to resolve this for you. But we do have rules we need to follow and in this case we can’t overturn the court’s decision to be in a position to help you here.

I hope this clarifies our position for you.

FOS Response Welcome.pdf

its interesting to note they don't say welcome 'do not' owe you money or to write off the balance due to IR

but that welcome are no longer duty bound to do anything even if asked too.

as they have 'no money'

off to alpha credit 4 then.

complain that the balance is solely insurances that were mis-sold and that you owe nowt and the charge must be removed

exust their complaint process

then back to the FOS again.

I wonder what the FCA say about all this

are you in phone contact with anyone.

and they