• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome secured loans/charge - sold to Alpha/Prime -repo received - ***Claim Dismissed***

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes careful documentation [expanding and filling in the bits in the above ive not yet documented about each loan]

total of each loan after say its number.

but on each rewrite they [because it didn't run its full term] didn't charge the full interest and rebated what they should have

so as such bar the last loan, thats not an issue

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So welcome have done some things by the book then?? I'm rather confused to what you mean with the above comment. Is it that the full calculations will be made when the that's finished? But there's nothing really to claim back off the others as welcome did credit them correctly?

Yep other than lending again and again sometimes within as little as 4mts

They've done nowt wrong as such. But that doing it 8 times in 9yrs is IMHO very irresponsible

The only reclaim is the PPI on the current loan

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Rarely do welcome agreements prove un-en

But of course the IR route might wipe everything

Bit more work to do on what the loans did

And if you had anything to your pocket on each one

Some I think you did?

and they

I didn't have a penny.

Lots of that paperwork isn't my signature.

If you look closely every excess cheque was paid to ex.

The only one that tallys with my Morgage sar is Lerwick paid off a welcome loan for around 14000 and some welcome paid off Morgage arrears only now apparent that I got both sars and I'm looking for info in detail.

And no sooner had it got paid off 6 months later another loan was taken out.

so more to digest

in my dealings here are a few worthy read

noting specific but all useful

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318323-Old-Welcome-Debt

http://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover/questions-and-answers/qas-for-welcome-financial-hn0qripj/#question2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?429477-Welcome-secured-loan-PPI-reclaim-dial4alone-progressive-finance-NU-aviva/page3

there is someone that is on the list of subscribers that i'd love to get comment on this

come on you know who you are

I can post you everything in this horror story.

dx

and they

no ....but they are a genius with welcome loans

we have both sort of battled them for 10yrs here but they are a bit bipolar...

we'll they'll understand that comment

and they

one thing that ofcourse strikes me so should the authorities..

how can your ex whom is female

goto welcomes offices again and again

and sign documents in your name......

every welcome finance rep that sat across the table from her were implicit in multiple fraudulent loan agreements?

and they

I was working away mon to fri at for a few years but even the phone calls say mr came in?

I would love to know myself.

Did they send paperwork out to sign?

The only signatures that are most certainly mine are the ones on the legal charge.

A lot look as if they've been scanned on there too.

I'm very reluctant to involve the police cos of the kids.

But I will be going to a solictor with everything I've come across.

Big and small.

Dx when you have time have a good look at the signatures especially in the first email I sent you 18/7 acc ending in 984

there's an authority form at the bottom that's not been filled in just signed.

And look at the legal charge signature in the same email not even a close resemblance

now to go and review these cheques and those sigs

IR looks the best route IMHO.

and they

whats your comms like with the EX?

would be interesting to findout if she signed all the forms using your sig

or it was the OC scanning or signing your sig...

more soon as to why ...

this is important.

dx

and they

Thanks dx. How do we proceed to IR route?

No really contact. I pick Son up and drop him off that's about it.

She hasn't a clue about all this information I'm finding out.

The only thing she does know is that she I know she forged my signature on a provident loan

there were 3 small debts totalling about £1500 and a ccj that I was alerted to in Nov 2015 on experian.

All paid off now by me full and finals plus ccj set aside in March.

She tried denying these but when i told her everything I'd found out she soon stopped trying to dig herself out of the hole.

Some Payments were made to these company's after I had left martial home but many had been defaulted previously.

She went through a phase of threatening to stop me seeing kids.

But obviously me throwing up the fraud she committed put a stop to that.

Throughout the marriage she had issues with debt some which Bailed her out of.

I never thought to the extent of what I've come across since leaving over 2 years ago.

Working tax credit chasing debt from years ago .

I earned too much for that.

Council tax arrears when I give her the money to pay.

The list is getting bigger as i look for things.

Thank good certain things I've come across are 15 years old and not worth raking up.

I'm am trying my hardest to put all this together.

Am I sorry I don't have all the answers.

Dx when you have time have a good look at the signatures especially in the first email I sent you 18/7 acc ending in 984

there's an authority form at the bottom that's not been filled in just signed.

And look at the legal charge signature in the same email not even a close resemblance

Just to clarify Legal charge paperwork here acc 984 28/8 nowhere near my signature though but it's the authority form that looks close

What's the next port of call on this situation with all this information you've so patiently gone through dx?

The last loan 984 is in dispute and has been since march this year. After I wrote to them saying I know nothing about this debt. Does this make a difference and do include this loan in my letter or just all the ones before 2008. As it's the 2006 loan ending in 257 was the one that was secured on house and filed with lr

• 2 weeks later...

they are all in a chain so are relevant to the 2006 LR registry

that you want removed.

we need to knock something up

brief but succinct

dear ...

I wish you to consider the removal of a charge you hold against my property XXXX

On 11/10/2001 I took out a loan [number] for £7369.33

ON 10-06-03 this was rewritten to 789 for £9809.68

[complete the rest in your list]

All of the above loans either

PPI.

Life Insurance

MIF

[add others]

costing me several £1000 on each one

[as an example loan number had £xxxxz ppi + £xxx in interest added to it.

I was never a party to any of the loan signing processes

they were carried out be [you know who] who forged my signiture every time.

as a side issue I believe all these to be optional

they appear to cover 'me' but ofcourse I never wanted them.

if we were to total all these up

it amounts to more than XX times the value of the charge

[have a waffle with more reasons]

ask them to call it quits

and as a commercial decision

remove the charge

the rest you are willing to waive

and they

Nice one dx.

If I mention the fraud then police are involved I've got the kids to think about.

So I'll have to omit that.

But my solicitor will be having all the evidence when it's done.

What a mess.

But thanks to you I see light at the end of this tunnel.

Shall I put in how irresponsible of them to relend when transcripts show numerous arrears?

I'll follow you lead and post up.

Will you be so kind as to scan over it when complete please?

well the thing is ..

I would mention the fraud but ofcourse you are not mentioning who.

and ofcourse we know that the PPI's etc didn't actually 'run thru' but that's for them to be bothered to investigate.

its important because the fraud all but nulls the ppi's etc anyway..you could never had benifted from them you didn't even know they existed.

yes you also can indicate that you are investigating [not sure at what stage you are at]

the irresponsible lending route and a pending complaint

but wish to avoid all of this because it would be very messy for everyone involved

just please call it quits

remove the charge and outstanding balances etc.

its ranking up the issues to convince them theres a sensible commercial decision to be made here to benefit everyone.

and they

What about the random payments over the years

I sent you that did actually go out of my bank account especially the ones after I left her that went out of my account for just over a year monthly?

Looking at the arrears from day one and bring refinanced each time with copious amounts of arrears and charges that's more than enough surely?

add them in then

every reason place more credence to your request

and they

First draft. What do you think

To who it may concern,

I wish you to consider the removal of a charge dated 19/10/2006 in favour of progressive finance that you hold against my property.

On 11/10/2001 I took out a loan 851 for £7369.39 which had £1473.22 PPI and £130.00 Medicare added to it

On 10/06/2003 this was rewritten to 769 for £9809.68 and £1804.68 PPI.

On 31/03/2005 this was rewritten to 978 for £11423.67 and £1108.79 MIF.

On 14/07/2005 this was rewritten to 216 for £13886.71 and £1352.87 MIF.

On 29/12/2005 this was rewritten to 722 for £14792.00 and £1442.59 MIF

On 31/10/2006 a new loan was taken out 257 for £8019.62 which had £1485.75 PPI, £180 lifecare and £125 homecare with £2768.59 interest added to it.

On 03/04/2007 this was rewritten to 303 for £14602.15 which had £2425.15 PPI and £175 personal accident plan with £3339.03 interest added.

On 05/10/2007 this was rewritten to 661 for £26741.20 which had £4506.20 PPI and £10342.54 in interest added to it.

On 30/08/2008 this was rewritten to 984 for £30514.32

Each of the above loans either had PPI, Life Insurance, MIF, Medicare or personal accident plans added to them. Costing me several £1000 on each one.

All of the above were forced upon me even though I had other income protection policies.

If you were to total all these up and include the interest. It amounts to a lot more than £8019.62 amount of the charge dated 19/10/2006.

the total of all these with regard to the rolling interest charges too far outweighs the sum secured by the charge against my property

I am also investigating an irresponsible lending complaint concerning my dealing with your company.

I feel it was very irresponsible to constantly refinancing these loans [9 times - some no more than 4 moths apart] on the basis they were more affordable

when each loan was already in arrears with numerous additional penalty charges already levied.

and the monthly repayments to yourselves were higher than Mortgage repayments.

All you done was extend the months, up the interest and added many insurances that were unneeded but I was not told they were optional. Had you have not littered the account with all these add ons then the first loan would have been able to be paid off sooner. You don't even hold any wage slips so how did you carry out affordability checks?

I will await your response within 14 days. If I do not have any correspondence in this time. I will go on money claim and start county court action..

I wish to avoid the above said actions, because this could become a very messy situation for all involved

I politely request that you remove the legal charge you hold and null any remaining outstanding balances

so thus coming to a simple resolution for both parties, without the need for extensive involvement of the FOS/FCA/ICO etc nor court cases.

I am willing to compromise If you remove the charge and resultant balance

I thank you for you time.

and look forward to hearing from you within 28 days.

remove the blue inc the red??

and they

What's you honest verdict on the fraud side?

I'm afraid she'll put a stop to me seeing kids.

But how could I word about the documents which look like my signitures been copied on there cos it's well faded but other parts are in bolder writing

Or shall I just leave it. If all bases are covered in the draft? More to the point do I sign this letter as my signature isn't going to tally with many in the sar. :???::!:

run as is

I bet they'll not check sigs anywhere

and they