• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome secured loans/charge - sold to Alpha/Prime -repo received - ***Claim Dismissed***

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hang on ive just realised what you are doing

theres nothing to reclaim..

as the rebate was greater than anything charged as the loans were refinanced,

post 86

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would take the whole thing to them.

there must be a way thru this welcome get out clause.

even if the end result is the charge is emoved

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I really hope there is I'm at my wits end with it all.

Shall I send them the letter I sent to welcome plus the ppi form.

The dispute letters back from March 2015??

Anything else I need to put in I've started collecting all this info since Feb??

Have not had response from Welcome yet with regards to ppi 8 weeks is up the weekend

I actually don't think theres any harm in sending everything to both of them.

and they

Covering letter explaining how much of the situation??? I may have put the last debt in dispute but was shocked when I received all the info on the others before it! Charge from 2006 at the land registry I went digging about originally in Jan 2015...

What about the Fos do I need to complain there too

yes I would regardless

IMHO that welcome letter covers the PPI too

and they

Same letter to all 3 then. what exactly do they all do??

How's this looking for that start of complaint to Fos

My complaint is about mass irresponsible lending dating back to 2001

A 2008 loan that is disputed and been sold to a dca whilst in dispute.

Excess charges, Ppi and a charge on my house that I believe that should not be on the there was registered in 2006 by a company called progressive finance.

Yet welcome finance have told me it's in regard with a 2008 loan the very loan In dispute yet the charge isn't in their name or dated to correspond with the 2008 loan

First draft. What do you think

To who it may concern,

I wish you to consider the removal of a charge dated 19/10/2006 in favour of progressive finance that you hold against my property.

On 11/10/2001 I took out a loan 851 for £7369.39 which had £1473.22 PPI and £130.00 Medicare added to it

On 10/06/2003 this was rewritten to 769 for £9809.68 and £1804.68 PPI.

On 31/03/2005 this was rewritten to 978 for £11423.67 and £1108.79 MIF.

On 14/07/2005 this was rewritten to 216 for £13886.71 and £1352.87 MIF.

On 29/12/2005 this was rewritten to 722 for £14792.00 and £1442.59 MIF

On 31/10/2006 a new loan was taken out 257 for £8019.62 which had £1485.75 PPI, £180 lifecare and £125 homecare with £2768.59 interest added to it.

On 03/04/2007 this was rewritten to 303 for £14602.15 which had £2425.15 PPI and £175 personal accident plan with £3339.03 interest added.

On 05/10/2007 this was rewritten to 661 for £26741.20 which had £4506.20 PPI and £10342.54 in interest added to it.

On 30/08/2008 this was rewritten to 984 for £30514.32

Each of the above loans either had PPI, Life Insurance, MIF, Medicare or personal accident plans added to them. Costing me several £1000 on each one.

All of the above were forced upon me even though I had other income protection policies.

If you were to total all these up and include the interest. It amounts to a lot more than £8019.62 amount of the charge dated 19/10/2006.

the total of all these with regard to the rolling interest charges too far outweighs the sum secured by the charge against my property

I am also investigating an irresponsible lending complaint concerning my dealing with your company.

I feel it was very irresponsible to constantly refinancing these loans [9 times - some no more than 4 moths apart] on the basis they were more affordable

when each loan was already in arrears with numerous additional penalty charges already levied.

and the monthly repayments to yourselves were higher than Mortgage repayments.

All you done was extend the months, up the interest and added many insurances that were unneeded but I was not told they were optional. Had you have not littered the account with all these add ons then the first loan would have been able to be paid off sooner. You don't even hold any wage slips so how did you carry out affordability checks?

I will await your response within 14 days. If I do not have any correspondence in this time. I will go on money claim and start county court action..

I wish to avoid the above said actions, because this could become a very messy situation for all involved

I politely request that you remove the legal charge you hold and null any remaining outstanding balances

so thus coming to a simple resolution for both parties, without the need for extensive involvement of the FOS/FCA/ICO etc nor court cases.

I am willing to compromise If you remove the charge and resultant balance

I thank you for you time.

and look forward to hearing from you within 28 days.

^^^^^^^^

and they

That's already gone to welcome and I've had a final response. I've got that to go to fos But on the online complaint form to fos it's asking what the problem is and how I want it resolved and to add any paperwork in

Where shall I take this irresponsible lending complaint first?

I'm not sure of the process I've followed your lead with writing to welcome

I just need a bit of guidance of where and who to go next.

I know it's not straightforward so I'm unsure what I need to be doing

typically it looks like IR claims go to the FOS as well

and they

Don't think you need to explain anything to the FOS

The letters do it for you

I'd simply copy everything to a CD or a cheap penstock

Write simply covering letter to the FOS

I have 2 issues running with welcome finance

1. An IR complaint

2 numerous PPI/mif/life/etc

More later

and they

Thank you! ��It's a year already since this all started unraveling I've got to put it to bed for my on sanity

Fos All done.

I've added copies of the welcome letter and final response, land registry document.

The request of CCA letter and the dispute letter as they were in default of CCA.

Will that be enough for the moment?

update from welcome re Ppi

they are paying out on the Ppi from the 2nd loan.

I have to got to Aviva for the first one from 2001.

As for the rest it's a bit more complex.

I'm going to inbox you everything now.

just read 'em

i'll redact and upload? soon for you?

good result there even if it is coming off the outstanding.

hopefully the rest will too ..bye bye charge poss..

and they

I'm not so sure..

They've asked for my bank details and said on the letter should be paid within 15 days.

Maybe cos the loan was Pre 2005? Watch this space.

My donation will be with you.

I really appreciate everything you've done.

The rest is a waiting game now.

But I've also emailed the fscs with welcome claim reference.

The icing on the cake was in my mortgage sar.

Which I'm hoping I can use to do with irresponsible lending

I've got a credit report dated 2006 with 5 ccjs from 2001 to 2005.

All pretty low amounts bar 2 but there are 4 defaulted accounts on here.

There are 4 active accounts with late payments

2 are those are to a finance house with the same monthly repayment As welcomes loans.

But I can't actually see any credit search on here done by them.

I also have 3 settled accounts with worse status of 6 so I'm guessing that means 6 payments late...

2 searches I can see are 2 mail order company's with the exs DOB not mine.

I've got everything crossed on the charge..

I didn't realise how much of a can of worms I was opening when I first started digging.

6 means defaulted in most cases esp if its a line of 6's every month...

are you saying that welcome aren't going to offset?

and they

The report isn't like today's type of report it's a 10 year old one. It's says worse status and the number.

That's the way I read in the letter as they wanted my bank details to do the bacs transfer. Other loans they have send to the fscs to look at and advised me to contact aviva regarding loan no 1

6 means defaulted in most cases esp if its a line of 6's every month...

are you saying that welcome aren't going to offset?

Doubtful they could offset as I have the other letter saying they sold the last loan to alpha credit June 2016.

God only knows.

Maybe this loan they won't but the fscs will on the rest?

Bit of a guessing game really!! :???:

Fscs have wrote to me have got to fill their Ppi form had to send all copies of loan details in

they wanted other info which I've got but it means sending lots of paperwork in.

But they've given me a letter for welcome to produce breakdowns so that's going to welcome .

The Fos have wrote to me too and they also want want me to fill in their Ppi form.

They stated they will be dealing with all issues separately (other insurances, charge and IR) and will be in touch.

written not wrote,,,,

most is scanned so put it on a cheap penstick or a dvd?

and they

well they'll willy wave they need paying.

but as all of this is under serious investigation by several financial regulators etc etc

i'd not respond.

let them findout the bad news in the fullness of time.

and they

How have they managed to change it without even notifying me??

Plus I put the loan in to dispute with welcome in April they sold it 2 months later?

The date they started changing the charge is a week before I wrote about ppi and IR yet the date it was applied was 6 weeks after I sent Welcome the first letter. Bizarre

I would of expected a notification it had happened

but they don't have to tell you they are doing it.

but in all probability it went to the old address?

and they