BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• debt collection agencies will always lie to make money.   pay the debt owner what you owe if they want to charge unlawful debt collection fees , that's their problem.   let them issue a court claim, see how far they get!!   there are a few threads here regarding IF/ if not collection charges are actually allowed, I think it pays to go read your lease documents carefully to make sure    read these too:   https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=ground rent DCA charges&oq=ground rent DCA charges&gs_l=partner-generic.3...131396.138941.0.139161.23.23.0.0.0.0.143.1829.20j3.23.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.7573j4071087j24...1.34.partner-generic..23.0.0.PHbq0LZxjQQ      
    • I doubt they'll take a blind bit of notice TBH you could quote the FCA rules to them, but I doubt they even know who they are even though I assume they are FCA registered.?? go check the company name fca reg number on the FCA register that they should quote at the bottom of all correspondence.  
    • its not a letter from PRA  its a large brown windowed A4 envelope from northants bulk county court - a court claim pack. you DO NOT ignore  you DO NOT contact the fleecers or their dogs. his next time..never ignore a Letter of claim never run from debt never move without informing ALL your debt owners in writing   ... you are lucky this was not filed to an old address and 1st you'd know is bailiffs at your door   please complete this:      
    • Thanks for your reply. Should I email them stating that the penalty is unlawful?
    • Hello,   I'm brand new here and am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Sorry in advance that this is so long!   a couple of years ago Property Management Company Ltd sent Debt Agency 1 after us (both saying they acted 'on instruction of Leaseholder Ltd' - separate company) for late payment of our service fee on our flat (200 miles away, tenanted since purchase).   We hadn't owned the house long and, in spite of us chatting to Property Management Company Ltd all the time various things to do with our tenants and them having multiple records of our real correspondence address, they sent the bill to our tenants, so we didn't realise we were late with it.   We wrote to them and politely pointed out they had multiple records of our real postal address. They admitted it was their mistake, we paid, charge was removed, they said they would update records and email service charge in future, all fine.   Last week Leaseholder Ltd sent Debt Company 2 after me about 2 x unpaid ground rent plus collection fee, they had also been sending bills to the tenants address. I had received one bill from Leaseholder Ltd for GR since purchase, sent to correct address, but that was ages ago. I paid it straight away at the time, but I guess it never really crossed my mind how long it'd been since I'd received one.   Explained to Debt Company 2 that had received one bill ages ago, that suggests they did in fact have my address? They claim they didn't, and tenant or lettings agent must have opened letter and forwarded.   Also explained to Debt Company 2 about previous mistake with Property Management Company Ltd and Debt Agency 1, and explained both said they were acting on Leaseholder Ltd's behalf - so surely one of them told Leaseholder Ltd, once it was all resolved, that the issue had been down the the address mix up? No, says Debt Company 2, Leaseholder Ltd has never heard of your London address, nor did they instruct Debt Agency 1 to act on their behalf, and it's 'very illegal' that they claimed they were acting for them. So no idea what's going on there.   Leaseholder Ltd say it's not their fault no one gave them the right address. I say it's not my fault that Debt Agency 1 and Property Management Company Ltd both gave strong (and apparently illegal) impression that they were speaking on Leaseholder Ltd's behalf - leading to my assuming there were across the details of the dispute and therefore were made aware of the mistake/resolution.   I know I'm not totally blameless; I should have realised it was weird getting one bill and then none after but we get so many bills I just pay them as they arrive and move on.   Am I wasting my time, would you all just pay it, charge and all? Seems really unfair given I was under impression I was talking to intermediaries when I wasn't.   Thank you in advance.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

FAO SITE TEAM

Sorry, I realise this not the right place for this, but I don't know where is.

A few days ago my edit button disappeared completely - I don't even have the 10 minute edit. It's really frustrating if I make a simple typo such as typing np instead of no as I've just hit the key next to the correct one.

Is this a site wide change, or is there something I can do about it?

Thanks.

Now corrected CD

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy - much appreciated. As you know I depsise errors, so appreciate being able to rectify them if I spot them in time.

Many thanks,

CD

Thanks Andy - much appreciated. As you know I depsise errors, so appreciate being able to rectify them if I spot them in time.

Many thanks,

CD

You missed this one then !

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You missed this one then !

:)

IMO

:-):rant:

Are you able to delete a message that you have written ? I use another forum that uses the same layout which has one , but i can't seem to see one here ?

3.3 Please note that you may edit a post you have made (provided that your account is not subject to moderation or restriction) for a period of 10 minutes after posting - in order to allow for corrections on spelling etc, however you cannot edit a post after that time, or remove, rename, or edit a thread that you have started.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-FORUM-RULES-Please-read-these-before-posting(3-Viewing)-nbsp

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Ok thanks , I better not write anything incriminating then ;P

Ok thanks , I better not write anything incriminating then ;P

Im sure you wouldn't anyway once you have digested all the Forum Rules which you accepted by becoming a member of the forum :wink:

Regards

Andy

Oh yes , of course i forgot . I stayed up all night and read them ;P

Oh yes , of course i forgot . I stayed up all night and read them ;P

Good man.:-D