Guardian recovery/Clear Debt Solutions threatening court on Vets Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've been dealing with the company guardian recovery limited over the past few days

and have to say they are the worst company i have ever dealt with.

My wife owes a debt to a veterinary clinic of £139.

To cut a long story short my wife simply forgot to pay the bill

(the cat died so it was out of sight out of mind type thing)

Then after hearing nothing guardian recovery started chasing me for the debt

and threatening court since the beginning.

I refused to accept liability on the off chance they did actually take it to court.

I should point out that i never signed any agreement with the vet,

which the vet agrees with and have offered to provide my wife with the signed agreement in her name.

They told me they didn't care and i am liable,

i asked for their complaints department and was told i am an idiot

and they won't bother looking at my complaint.

I told them i would formally dispute the debt in writing and was told the same thing

(i have put in a complaint and dispute anyway).

The last conversation i had with them was today

and told them i will not deal with them anymore

and will instruct my wife to deal with the vet

and was told it wouldn't matter they would carry on chasing me even if it was paid to the vet.

5 minutes later my wife was on the phone to the vet and they told her that they won't deal with her

as they just had an email from guardian recovery saying if they take payment from my wife

then they will be liable for the fees.

I have been getting daily calls from then which i don't answer anymore and several emails a day.

One email stated that they would be calling round to my house

or place of work to make a list of assets that will be seized if i don't pay.

I know this is a bunch of b.s without a ccj

Several emails have threatened Bankruptcy/winding up proceedings.

Again b.s and completely disproportionate to the level of debt.

The last week i have been getting letters from a solicitor from Leighton Croft & Partners

which is a trading style of Guardian Recover Limited.

The first said i have 7 days to pay or "you will have to stand before a judge and explain your actions" lol.

I got another on Monday with 7 days to pay,

then i got one this morning saying that's it we are putting in court papers today.

Yes these guys are terrible at maths to.

The debt is also £183.9 now but i have had no mention of fees and i'm pretty sure the solicitor named on the email isn't even a solicitor.

So all in all I'm getting some good laughs from them but also getting fed up of the threats

and wondering what action i can take.

My wife is willing to ring up the vet in the morning and pay but they won't accept payment from her.

BTW these people are the same people as Clear Debt Solutions.

Well arent they a jolly lot!

Personally i wouldnt do anything until a claim is received but in the meantime, have your wife check her credit file to make sure they havent registered anything.

http://www.clearscore.com and http://www.noddle.co.uk are both free to use

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks we both use noodle and nothing registered. In fact i'm browsing over the email and it did state they would register a default against my credit file

A DCA cant register a default unless they have bought the debt and have a facility to register with the CRA,s

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?457643-ASA-Ruling-on-Guardian-Recovery-Ltd

you really should be totally ignoring the DCA.

they nor any DCA are Bailiffs

and have no such legal powers

whatsoever.

as for the vets not accepting pay because they fell for the DCA's promises

that's their problem.

send them a cheque with a covering letter.

point out the DCA are not bailiffs comments here

if you wish

you can quite rightly complain about the DCA and their actions and what they've said

to the FCA.

they would really love to see written evidence of these pirates

might even remove their licence.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Please complain to the FCA please please!

And stay OFF that phone, completely ignore Gutless recovery.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

An update to my situation

Spoke to the SRA this morning and they confirmed that the solicitor is not on the register and asked me to forward correspondence.

Also spoke to the FCA who were very interested in what i had to say. Im sending over all correspondence to them now.

I decided that i am simply going to ignore these fools as i've put in my complaint and debt dispute and i highly doubt they will go to court. If the vets want paying we will pay them directly.

Excellent corki

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Also today is the first day in a long time that i haven't had any emails from them waiting for me when i get up. Fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

Pay the vet direct. The vet cannot refuse to take payment. If they do then if they're stupid enough to go to court it will go againsto them. The judge wouldn't like it if they've taken you to court when you have the full amount ready to pay ano they're refusing to accept it.

Let the fca and sra deal with the [problem] now. You can even tell the vet what is going on and they should think twice as they would be seen as complicit in any action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Spoke to the SRA this morning and they confirmed that the solicitor is not on the register and asked me to forward correspondence.

Also spoke to the FCA who were very interested in what i had to say. Im sending over all correspondence to them now.

This is excellent news! Well done, lets hope they show some teeth...?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!