Fined - Thought 35mph in a 30 zone was OK?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

i have just received a fine for an offence doing 35mph in a 30..

...i didnt realise i had done this so was shocked!

can anyone advise if this is legit

as i thought it was 30+10%+2mph that you can get away with ?

Also they have offered a course but i think i did one 2 1/2 years ago,

can i still apply now they have offered it or would it be rejected later as its one every 3 years ?

yes, it may be legit.

the percentages you refer to may only be guidelines.

recorded 31-40 in a 30, cld end up with at least fine and 3 points.

how were you recorded; fixed camera, pol van, etc. have you had an NIP

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes, it may be legit.

the percentages you refer to may only be guidelines.

recorded 31-40 in a 30, cld end up with at least fine and 3 points.

how were you recorded; fixed camera, pol van, etc. have you had an NIP

yes received it a few days ago

I seem to recall that Limit+10%+2mph is the trigger point, so at 35mph that is the lowest speed at which a ticket will be issued under the ACPO guidelines?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

can i check with someone also, the offence was on the 14/6/16 and my NID date is 8.7.16 . Should they have to advise within 14 days ?

The 14 day limit (with a few exceptions) only applies to the first NIP to the registered keeper, there is no time limit for the service of subsequent NIPs.

• 2 weeks later...
can anyone advise if this is legit

as i thought it was 30+10%+2mph that you can get away with ?

Those are the ACPO guidelines but are only advisory. ACPO guidelines don't change the law. The law permits penalty for anything above 30 mph. Individual police forces can decide to issue penalties at lower limits if they want to, at discretion of the Chief Constable. I've read somewhere that a couple of Police forces don't follow ACPO guidelines and have gone for 'zero tolerance'. Can't remember which ones. One might have been Devon + Cornwall.

as posted earlier eg #5, ie yes are guidelines. but, they can summons if less then 50 in a 30 if.....see the link #5 'a police officer has discretion to act outside of them providing he acts fairly, consistently and proportionately.' :)

as posted earlier eg #5, ie yes are guidelines. but, they can summons if less then 50 in a 30 if.....see the link #5 'a police officer has discretion to act outside of them providing he acts fairly, consistently and proportionately.' :)

Yes agreed Ford. I was making a slightly different point. ACPO guidelines (or maybe it's the CPS summary?) do say "Note that these are guidelines and that a police officer has discretion to act outside of them providing he acts fairly, consistently and proportionately" but that seems to have in mind decisions made on individual cases. My point was that in some police areas the Chief Constable, as a matter of enforcement policy in that police force, has decided that they will not follow ACPO guidelines but will apply some lower threshold, or even 'zero tolerance', across the whole police force area.