Is going on the sick tough nowadays?

G4C389

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Iv been on universal credit for a few months and I have mental problems, like anxiety and depression (also an eating disorder) and struggle to go outdoors (it heavily affects me with interviews) ( i do casual work here and ther like a few hours, but they take an absolute chunk out of it so hardly any point signing on in the first place) so I was wondering at my doctors appointment I have next week could I get a sick note so I could go on that for 3 months? Or is it very difficult? Just wanted advice : )

The initial process of 'going on the sick' is fairly straightforward though I have no experience of the precise process when on Universal Credit, but it should be fairly similar. You get a 'fit note' from your GP if they are willing to provide one then (if you were not on UC) you would may a claim to ESA. You are then paid the assessment rate (same as basic rate for JSA) until you have a Work Capability Assessment, which is generally when the problems start as it can be extremely difficult to get a fair and accurate report of your limitations. I have no idea how long you would have to wait for your WCA, it depends on area amongst other things, but it is often much longer than 13 weeks so if you are genuinely unfit for work you should have at least that long as a breathing space.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.