newmoses

Company gone into liquidation.what next for the customer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1167 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a Carron woodburner installed 2 years ago,and had nothing but problems with the top plate cracking, and the paint splitting.That was replaced only for the replacement to do the same thing.That was replaced only for the third one to do exactly the same, but on a larger scale.

After the Derby Fireplace Company limited sending someone round to take measurements, photo's etc, and emailing them to Carron,they finally admitted that the woodburner was too powerful for the chamber(7.0kw output), and that the woodburner was actually too far back.I was then told that I would be getting a replacement 4.7kw woodburned, DFPCltd, would install it, and they would refund me any difference.

After around 4 weeks or so of no response to my emails, and refusing to answer the phone,I looked the company up on Companies house.It turns out that they are now in liquidation!!

So,I now have a woodburner with the enamel cracked and split on the top plate, a flue pipe that has paint coming off, and no response from DFPCltd.

Where do I now stand in getting this issue resolved once and for all, as I am currently around £3,400 out of pocket and have a woodburner with defects.

Hi

How did you pay for the woodburner. Credit Card? debit card?

If you paid with either of those you may be able to claim the cost back. If you paid any other way, you will be at the bottom of the pile of creditors and unlikely to see a penny.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It was paid for by debit card.Would Carron not replace the woodburner seeing as they told DFPC ltd that the woodburner was too far back in the chamber?.