• Tweets

• Hello all, I would appreciate some advice regarding a recent incident with Rossendales.   Brief background is I bought my current house in 2016 from my mum who inherited it when my Gran died. When my Gran was alive, my sister sometimes stayed there and used her address for various things including driving licence, bank accounts, work documentation and credit. She hasn't lived there since I bought it. The story behind this debt is that apparently my sister parked at my Mum's house in Bury without a valid residential parking permit. She had contacted the council and they apparently had waived the fine before this visit.   In June, me and my girlfriend were woken up at 07:20 by loud knocking. At the door were two Rossendales enforcement agents asking for my sister. I told them she didn't live there asked what the matter was about and they said they couldn't tell me and I needed to show proof of residency which I refused to do without seeing any documents compelling me legally to do so. They proceeded to clamp my car.   I brought them the only evidence I had which was a V5 document. The car is on finance so technically, the finance company owns the car. In the subsequent audio recordings of the phone call, it emerges that they knew the car was on finance. They also asked if my car was a white Ford Fiesta (which is my sister's car) and asked if she was insured on it (she never has been and has never driven that car). I feel like they have attempted to blackmail me into giving them my sister's contact details when it was absolutely nothing to do with me. Admittedly, I probably reacted badly but being woken up before I normally get up by loud banging which terrified my girlfriend didn't give me a good start to my day. They refused to show me any ID or a court order, presumably because they didn't have one. I was told by their complaints handler that they use various methods of tracing people, including credit searches.   I have retrieved the video and audio of that day through DSAR. The video is here and audio recordings of phone calls are here.   They eventually took the clamp off after a couple of hours, citing the fact that the car was on finance. I didn't miss work because of it but I was several hours late.   Additionally, they missed the ICO guidelines for the DSAR and were two weeks submitting the video files.   Is there anything I can do regarding legal action here? I've complained to the leader of Bury Council who has dismissed it without looking at the evidence or listening to the audio.      
    • https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/files/2868/issue117.pdf   Albeit from 2014, p.24 There the FOS insisted the creditor reset the default date to earlier (3 months after the payments stopped, but that was only because there was an agreement with the debtor to have a 3 months ‘payment holiday’)
    • In the first place it must have been over the phone. Could have been by email but cannot remember to tell the truth. I would have sent them an I&E so now I'm wondering if it was by email.I will take a look but might take a time scrolling mails from over 3 years ago 🧐
    • Dear Sir, no payment was made after May 2013, and potentially the last payment was even before this (your client could only examine their records back to May 2013 when they were contacted, and there was no payment showing)   Your client is not permitted to unreasonably delay issuing a default notice, and certainly not with the effect of later attempting to “get around” the statute bar. This will be drawn to the court’s attention should your client proceed with court action, as well as being reported to the FOS, so you may wish to highlight this to them and seek their further instruction.
    • Thanks Honeybee13. Here they are:   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement .     8 / 08 / 2019   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] .    13 / 08 / 2019   3 Date received .  18 / 08 / 2019   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]   Not obviously but does a section of data processing for getting the detail of my car   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?  Yes   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] .   Yes   Dear Sir / Madam,   I have just received my parking charge notice (PCN) for stopping at London Southend Airport on 8/8/2019. I understand that stopping on the road is forbidden. However, the reason I  stopped on the spot was to ask a traffic warden where I could park my car temporarily as I was going to pick up my family (it's my first time to London Southend Airport). The officer told me there was not a picking up place. He advised that I should park in short stay car park, which I did.   Considering the situation, could you revoke this PCN please?   Yours faithfully,   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up .   Just automatic response saying a reply will be in 28 days   7 Who is the parking company?    Vehicle Control Services Limited   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] . London Southend Airport, Essex SS2 6YF
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1132 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I set up a 24 month contract with EE via Carphone Warehouse Shop on (Sunday) 25th July.

Coverage was checked and it seemed to be ok.

However, when I got home I had no coverage whatsoever and had none for the rest of the week.

I phoned Carphone Warehouse who told me that I would have to go into the shop and cancel with them.

I work during the week so could only go in on the following Sunday (3rd July).

Carphone Warehouse had no problems with me cancelling,

but when they tried to get my PAC code from EE which I had to authorise

the EE operator told me that I would have to pay £283 cancellation fee.

I explained that I had no coverage and that I had been with them less than 7 working days.

They were not interested and repeated that I would have to pay £283 cancellation fee

. Is this right?

Was this over the phone they told you this?

£283 cancellation fee for what? Like to see them explain what this is for exactly, and exactly why they think that 7 days non service equates to that amount!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

if you cancelled within 14 days it should cost you nothing

was this last year

your dates are rather confusing.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Yes over the phone.

Carphone Warehouse then tried to sort it out their end

as EE would not give me my PAC number and agreed to e-mail me with updates.

I was so annoyed that I phoned EE next day

who then said that Carphone Warehouse had to cancel the contract by e-mail and that I would not pay a charge ,I explain that Carphone Warehouse had tried to do that.

Carphone Warehouse then telephoned me to ask me to go back in so that they could sort out getting me back to Vodafone and a new handset.

I went in on Thursday 7th July (which is still within 14 days).

They phoned EE again to get my PAC number and again I was repeatedly told that I would have to pay £283.00 cancellation fee.

This time I did get my PAC number from them, but they are still insisting that I will have to pay £283.00.

Sorry I meant 25th June and 3rd July in first post and it was this year.

you are entitled for no reason whatsoever to cancel any contract within 14 days without penalty.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks guys for your help.

It's kind of been resolved, though EE are saying that because the contract was set up through a third party

the cancellation fee has to be paid.

However, Carphone Warehouse have agreed that any costs incurred will be covered by them

because I cancelled within 7 working days so come under their 'no coverage' agreement.

It's been really hard to find information on buying stuff through a third party

and nowhere on the EE website does it state anything about buying through third parties.

Watch this space, I may be back.

I thought the 14 days was only if you purchased via the internet/phone.

Have new regulations been brought in that allow cancellations of mobile phone contracts purchased from a store within 14 days?

you have a 14 day cooling off period, I know this as did it at carphone warehouse yesterday on the 14th day :)

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I thought the 14 days was only if you purchased via the internet/phone.

Have new regulations been brought in that allow cancellations of mobile phone contracts purchased from a store within 14 days?

yes new rules were brought in.

CPR

spreadsheets 

Pay them nothing, you don't owe them a bean.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Mapilar

Sorry to hear of your issues with EE. this is the problem with getting a line through a 3rd party. It causes all sorts of issues.

You do not owe anything as you have a cooling off period regardless

Check this; This is EE's Own Cancel Period

Drop This guy an email and watch them squirm -

Get them talking to each other.

I can help draft you something if you require.