• Tweets

• Change Zoom to Online as Zoom is only one platform, and they might use another, it has become the accepted terminology, but best not to refer to a specific platform.  Otherwise looks good The rteal devil of Simon's claim is that he is trying to imply a contract that depends on a Prohibition for Consideration, And its one sided as the person he is binding has no benefit from the contract, apart from paying £100 for the privilege of stopping however briefly.  a nanosecond, a minute 30 minutes kerching that'll be £100 or else.  Simon has also invoiced cars stopped at a Zebra crossing with people crossing at an airport.
    • When she rang BT did she just "mention" about cancelling her Bb contract or did she actually tell them to cancel it?   I've just renegotiated my Bb contract with BT (I know they're useless but I can't be bothered doing too much work to look at any other provider) and I've managed to save money plus they are meant to record 'phone calls and I know (because I spoke to several different call handlers over two weeks) thatthey take very accurate notes of their conversations with customers.   She needs to find out if she actually did cancel the contract.  (I'm sure others will suggest doing a SAR).   Also what sort of contract did she have with BT?  Presumably it included Bb, mobile phone and Sky?  If the contract had just renewed, BT should have emailed her confirming contract details including duration, how to cancel and cancelation fees.  They've just done this for me for the contract I renegotiated two days ago.   EDIT:  It's not clear, but are you saying she's been charged £800 cancelation for Bb or are you saying shae hasn't paid them £800 she owes on her phone?   She ought to be able to look at her BT account online to see what she owes and how her bills are made up.  
    • I can ask the secretary. The mechanic does not wish to talk outside discussing work to be done.
    • i've been thinking this for a while regarding simon and these money making schemes that are not enforceable that he conned loads of seaports and airports to sign up to across the land whereby they already have byelaws covering the activity of motor vehicles upon their lands enforceable by a magistrate.   i think its about time we upped the anti another notch and we begin to stop referring to his signs as 'signs', but now use the term of 'advertising posters' and link that to dropping in the term 'after 10mins the driver by default is automictically enrolled in the moneymaking scheme'   these schemes are akin too... say a free sample of a face cream popup on facebook whereby one accepts the free gift, only to find that if you don't cancel within 30days you've automictically signed up at an extortionate rate, to receive a jar of the cream every month for a year.   just musing.   • The signage is prohibitive in nature and not a genuine offer of terms for parking for the motorist to consider. 
    • I think that it would be helpful if you could get that point confirmed in writing from the mechanic. You will need to get a document which identifies the poor fitting of the turbo and the effect it has had on things like the gasket. Are you able to do that tomorrow?
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Sanction by DWP for not attenting Ingeus appointment when sick.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1650 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys, making this post for a friend of mine. Wondering if any of you awesome folks could offer some experience/helpful advice.

So basically I was mandated to attend an Ingeus appointment last month, however on the day of my appointment I was suffering with a terrible migraine (I get them occasionally and they can be quite bad). I have phoned in sick before and never had a problem (I think last time I missed an Ingeus appointment was last year).

However I phoned in sick this time on the day of my appointment early in the morning (my appointment was some time in the afternoon I think) explaining I was ill and if it would be possible to rearrange. I rang them and tried to speak to my advisor but he was busy so I spoke to the receptionist at the main desk on the phone said that would be fine but they would have to inform JSA that I was phoning in ill and missing my appointment which I said OK that's fine.

Fast forward a week later after I phoned in I got a letter in the post from JSA with a page of questions just asking why I was off ill, who I spoke to, did I phone in before hand etc? 6 or so questions just asking me to state the reason I missed the appointment. I filled it all in explaining the situation exactly and sent it off thinking that would be the end of it.

Some time passes and I now get a letter saying they are stopping my JSA for 4 weeks "We have now decided that you did not comply with the requirements of the scheme to which you have been referred and that you did not have sufficiently good reasons for doing so".

What are my next steps here? I know you are allowed 2 periods of sickness in a a year up to a maximum of 2 weeks each. I've had no other periods of sickness this year. I phoned in ill as I've done in the past last year as normal. Yet now they've acted like I did not phone in and just skipped my appointment and sanctioned me. As I said i've not been ill at all this year and attending my JSA appointments etc as normal.

I have always followed the rules correctly so I just don't understand how they can sanction me? it seems to be a case of shoot first ask questions later....

Thanks for any help.

Just to add other information, when I phoned in last year (I think I had flu or something and I phoned in ill it was a while ago) I spoke to my Ingeus advisor and they never mentioned informing JSA, he just basically said yeah that's fine booked me another appointment. I'm confused why it has been different this time? when the receptionist said they have to inform JSA I was a little perplexed if i'm honest but just thought perhaps the protocol has changed?

But it's just ended up in me feeling confused and receiving a sanction.

Just to add other information, when I phoned in last year (I think I had flu or something and I phoned in ill it was a while ago) I spoke to my Ingeus advisor and they never mentioned informing JSA, he just basically said yeah that's fine booked me another appointment. I'm confused why it has been different this time? when the receptionist said they have to inform JSA I was a little perplexed if i'm honest but just thought perhaps the protocol has changed?

But it's just ended up in me feeling confused and receiving a sanction.

You should be able to claim hardship payments from the DWP for the period of the sanction, and if you don't agree with being sanctioned you can request a Mandatory reconsideration (MR) supplying any further evidence and why you feel that being sanctioned is wrong, the rules are 2 periods of sickness in any 12mths period, the 12mths period would start from the previous sickness period ,

About the work programme provider informing the DWP i would be surprised if them informing the DWP wasn't normal practice TBH

Yes, the WP provider informing the DWP is more or less standard procedure. Did you contact the Jobcentre directly about this? Normally they'd ask you to complete a form, JSA28, which would exempt you from the "Actively Seeking Employment" conditions of JSA for the period of sickness. This would include attendance at the WP or Jobcentre itself.

If you did complete such a form, that's what you should point out when requesting Mandatory Reconsideration. If you didn't contact the Jobcentre directly then things could be a bit trickier, as they may well say that you should have done this as soon as you knew you would be unable to attend the WP appointment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite Frankly if you have been referred to the work programme and cannot attend the work prgramme appointment you need to ring the jobcentre first to declare a period of sickness then ring the woek programme. The providers of the work programme do not pass on much information to dwp much more a case that you have failed to attend the appointment there are no reasons given as to why or even that you rang them.