Being Hounded by Lowells - Help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please refrain from getting personal PJMCM..we are all volunteers and give up our time to assist free of charge.Im sure the icons posted was meant in good taste and in response to the claimants remarks rather than yours.

It is always difficult to express opinions and emotions without sometimes offence being taken on internet forums.

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andy

The laughing smilies were in direct response to a comment I made in a previous reply.

I appreciate that everyone here volunteers, and also appreciate any help that I - and others - have received. However, sarcasm is, in my ever-so-humble opinion, unwelcome, unprofessional and, in this instance, unnecessary. Even worse is that the wee sarcastic smilies were posted by someone who is supposedly part of the "Site Team".

Sorry if I caused offence, but my opinion stands I'm afraid.

Your comments have been reported and noted.....please lets deal with the problem to hand.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Andy,

You asked "please lets deal with the problem to hand.". Can you elaborate please?

If you're talking about the original query I came to the forum with, then that's exactly what I was trying to do!

You will see in the thread that DX advised that I should just ignore Lowells as they were apparently not familiar with Scottish Law or something.

Whilst that's easy to say, it causes me concern as I don't know exactly which parts of Scots Law DX is referring to.

It's me who's at risk of ending up in the courts,

so whilst I would love to be able to just ignore Lowells,

would only do so if I was sure of my legal footing, if you get my meaning.

So if we want to go back to discussing that issue without the sarcasm

and the wee smarty-pants smilies, then I'd gladly do so

- maybe some other users can even glean some helpful info at the same time....

Hi PJMCM - I think that you shouldnt worry about Lowell in this situation and we want to help as best we can.

Can i ask you, the CCAs? Do they have an entry where it says subject to English Law on them?

Technically if these loans were issued in Scotland, they would be subject to Scottish Law :)

As for the whole part that DX is referring to - IE Scottish law states that Statute of Limitations is 5 years and once that 5 year date is reached, the debt is extinguished.

While English law is 6 years and after 6 years the debt doesnt disappear. Its things like that Lowell dont always understand,

Genuinely - Take it from someone who has dealt with Lowell - Check my thread on SC Clearance. They are easy to deal with / ignore.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Give me chance to review your thread ... or perhaps clarify your major concerns in a short synopsis?

Thanks both...

@fkofilee I didn't see anything on any of the CCA docs which indicate they were issued in England.

I assume that, as the alleged debts were incurred in Scotland

- ie where I lived at the time and still do

- then Scottish Law applies.

I am aware of the 5/6 year Statue rule (Prescription & Limitation here in Scotland) but none of these are at that stage yet.

@andyorch appreciated...

Okay having read the thread in its entirety you have 2 options....and which you decide to take only you can decide.

You can either.....

Take what lowlife have presented as legally valid evidence that the debts are enforceable and enter into a agreement to start payment (affordable payment)..this will eradicate any possibility of the debts ever becoming statute barred in the future (2017?)

Or you can completely ignore their responses...let the phone keep ringing and the junk mail arriving and take them up to 2017 (SB) or risk them issuing a claim on the debts.

From our experience with Lowell Court claims...they are easily defeated because they simply can't be bothered to follow the process through and fail to comply with the courts directions and therefore discontinue the claim.Don't forget they issue claims in bulk ....(100s) ....all the same date so 100 defendants defending they simply do not have the legal capacity to challenge a defence...so the thought of a claim and litigation would be my least concern.

Whether what they have disclosed is legally valid and evidence any claim is another question..but i'm sure they must have slipped up along the way somewhere. (you refer to hand typed disclosures as an example)

So the choice is yours.

Regards

Andy

• 4 months later...

I wonder what they did?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And you for one will never know.

Your wee sarcastic digs are the reason I haven't kept this thread up to date and never will.

If you think I'm posting on here so that you can post wee smileys and try to look smart, then think again.

There are plenty of web resources available where people can get sarcasm-free advice you know.

Your wee sarcastic digs are the reason I haven't kept this thread up to date and never will. If you think I'm posting on here so that you can post wee smileys and try to look smart, then think again. There are plenty of web resources available where people can get sarcasm-free advice you know.

Woooo steady on PJMCM...so what about all the other posters and contributors ...it would be nice to have a conclusion considering we give our time free ?

Regards

Andy

Your wee sarcastic digs are the reason I haven't kept this thread up to date and never will. If you think I'm posting on here so that you can post wee smileys and try to look smart, then think again. There are plenty of web resources available where people can get sarcasm-free advice you know.

I'm in a similar position, so would like to know what happened!

At present there is no "conclusion" to speak of. Things are still ongoing but let's just say I'm not as worried as I was a few months back.

I'm fully aware - and appreciative - of the fact that people give their time and knowledge voluntarily, and without recompense, on this and most other forums. I used to do so myself on a very busy guitar-related forum. I tended to mostly frequent the "newbie" areas, as I enjoyed imparting the knowledge I had and also enjoyed seeing people grow as they learned. I was put off that forum, funnily enough, by similar posters to DX.

Unfortunately guys like DX spoil the party for me! I get the impression that he - and others like him - post with the sentiment of "look at me - I know something you don't know. Am I not just wonderful?" In other words, they do it to show off. I got the impression that he was laughing at me as he apparently knows more about this subject than I do. That may or may not be the case, but his "bedside manner" is certainly lacking somewhat. I'm afraid that I have a very low tolerance level for people like that, hence my reactions.

Thanks again everyone - except DX!! - for your contributions and advice.

Think you have totally misunderstood dx on this thread. His remarks and smiley faces etc are aimed at Lowell or other DCA's.

DCA's often get Scottish issues wrong and this is what is being laughed at and reason for comments.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread