Set aside help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I consented to a set aside I had against a company who didn't reply at all to the claim from 12/12/15.

I understand that the claim will now go back to the beginning but I now need to amend my particulars.

I need to know -

1 Will there be a new issue date for the claim, or does the original date of the issue of claim, 12/12/15, stand?

2 Due to the claim now going back to the beginning I need to amend my particulars as things have changed, will I have that opportunity or are my original particulars from 12/12/15 still valid?

3 If I have to apply to change my claim will I have to pay?

4 I gather that the other party can consent to my new particulars, do I need a consent order for this and draw one up and file with the court? Also paying a fee?

Thanks in advance.

Brenda

Hi Brenda and welcome to cag.

Firstly, could you you type up the original PoC for the team to look at, minus any identifying bits.

Explain what has changed since and why you now need to amend the PoC.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hello Martin, thanks for replying.

It's a little difficult to post up my original POC without drawing attention to them

as I believe this company follow your website.

Could you not explain the more general questions, like -

1 When a default judgment is set aside, does the original POC stand or are they resubmitted by me as a matter of course?

2 The amount I claimed is not enough now and has risen 3 fold due to them terminating our agreement, I need to change that.

3 If I have to seek the consent of the defendant to amend my POC then I assume I don't need the permission of the court to do so?

4 If this is the case do I just file the written consent at court rather than make application to amend, as I wouldn't be seeking an application for anything, merely amending as per CPR?

Yours

Brenda

we have 1000's of posts here regarding/containing poc's

simply remove any pers details.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello Martin, thanks for replying.

It's a little difficult to post up my original POC without drawing attention to them

as I believe this company follow your website.

Could you not explain the more general questions, like -

1 When a default judgment is set aside, does the original POC stand or are they resubmitted by me as a matter of course? Still stands

2 The amount I claimed is not enough now and has risen 3 fold due to them terminating our agreement, I need to change that. Yes..(application N244)

3 If I have to seek the consent of the defendant to amend my POC then I assume I don't need the permission of the court to do so? Do you need to amend it ? see above

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part17/pd_part17#1.1

https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/news-and-events/blogs/dispute-resolution-law-blog/case-update-the-courts-approach-to-amending-particulars-of-claim-in-light-of-the-jackson-reforms

4 If this is the case do I just file the written consent at court rather than make application to amend, as I wouldn't be seeking an application for anything, merely amending as per CPR?

Requires an application..alternatively you can discontinue the original claim and re submit a further amended claim....but you lose your initial fee.

Yours

Brenda

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread