Want to cancel love holidays booking, but would have to pay £300.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a holiday a few weeks back using Love Holidays. The total cost of the holiday was £680, all i have paid so far is the £80 deposit.

It was a silly holiday to book anyway, I can afford to go but I could do with the money on other things so I decided i wanted to cancel it. I emailed them asking to cancel and now they want me to pay for the flight cost, which is £300, the holiday isn't even for over a month away surely this is an acceptable cancellation period!

Anything I can do?

Thanks

In all fairness from looking at the terms they are right to charge me the flight cost. I just thought seeing as there is over a month to go they could of just sold the holiday to someone else, which they are clearly going to do anyway.

It doesn't look like I can do anything about it other than try and sell the holiday to someone else myself, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

In all fairness from looking at the terms they are right to charge me the flight cost. I just thought seeing as there is over a month to go they could of just sold the holiday to someone else, which they are clearly going to do anyway.

It doesn't look like I can do anything about it other than try and sell the holiday to someone else myself, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

You can't sell on a holiday to someone else. The booking is in your name and not transferable.

Love holidays operate in two ways. They offer packaged holidays covered by ATOL which are booked through tour operators and they also book fights and accommodation as separate entities, not as a packaged holiday deal.

You should check whether the airline the flight is booked with, would charge the full ticket price or offer better cancellation terms than Love Holidays. This is to check whether Love Holidays are applying the airline cancellation terms or their own terms. It might be the case that Love Holidays want the full ticket price because of their agency commission fees. If you find out the airline would not charge the full ticket price, go back to Love Holidays with the information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It looks like Thomas Cook don't do refunds on flights so I'm guessing that is out of the question too.

As far as the booking is concerned, I am logged into my account right now and it's saying I can change the assenger name for £25.

I think that is mostly to cover mistakes. I.e name on ticket does not match passport.

If you asked Thomas Cook or Love Holidays whether you could sell on your flight ticket to another person, they would tell you it is not possible.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So are you saying if I wanted to change the passenger name from "John Smith" to "Bill Gates" they wouldn't let me? Or do you not know for definite how that works? Because I've heard of loads of people that change names and sell their holidays, but obviously I want to make sure before i do it.

Thanks

You would have to follow the rules of the airline and pay relevant fees.

Suggest you ask Thomas Cook and gain their consent to change the booking, after you have sold the flight on to someone else.

I thought that due to security rules caused by terrorist threats that airlines had to follow certain rules, which made it difficult to sell flight tickets onto another person.

• 3 weeks later...