Been paying 'managed loan' Merged debts since 2006 - is this a dn?

coly coly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I defaulted on a debt in 2006 but the bank did not register the default with the CRAs.

I paid them reduced sums through the CCCS.

In 2008 I came out of the CCCS and paid the bank direct.

I received the attached letter.

No Final Demand received but it was managed by Metropolitan.

Is it a valid default notice?

I continued paying First Direct what they were asking for but in 2012 commenced much reduced, token payments.

At the end of 2012 HSBC marked my credit files with details of the account as an Arrangenent to Pay.

Is the 2008 letter a Default Notice?

If it is, does this mean that the account have been removed from my credit files after 6 years?

first direct.pdf

Hi coly coly and Welcome to CAG

No thats not a Default Notice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Wait, who are you paying now? And how much?

What was this a loan?

Alarm bells are ringing!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

HSBC Debt Collection (formerly Metropolitan) , and a token payment of £24 each month on what was originally an £18,000 debt. They froze the interest in 2006. Since 2006 I have brought the balance down to £7,000.

The balance is a loan, credit card and overdraft all "consolidated" when I defaulted on the loan element in 2006

Edited by coly coly

So you took out a loan to pay off an existing loan, credit card and overdraft?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So you took out a loan to pay off an existing loan, credit card and overdraft?

No sir.

The bank merged the 3 debts owed to them into one consolidated debt in 2006, when I defaulted on the loan.

I then went on a CCCs DMP until 2008.

Have paid Metro and now HSBC since.

i.e. THEY (First Direct) merged everything into one balance for me to repay, interest free, in 2006.

Ah ha!

Then they are cash cowing you!

The bank CANNOT merge three seperate accounts, that have completely different T&C's and interest rates, that is a big no no!

IMO I'd stop paying, lodge a formal complaint with the bank with the full intention of escalating the matter to the Ombudsman.

In the mean time send the Bank, or whoever it is you're paying a CCA request, costs £1 and they have `12+2 'working' days in which to satisfy your request.

Send a BLANK postal order for the fee £1.

CCA request her, ensure you read ALL four posts attached to this link as DX explains the exact process.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974-**Updated-January-2015**http://

If you're not happy with not paying them anything, then drop your payments down to £1 a month.

I missed a payment last month

- my first in 10 years

- because I mistakenly paid someone else twice instead my error

I sent them a cheque to make it up.

In the interim, they sent a letter threatening to take me to court for a CCJ to sell my house.

I sent a covering letter acknowledging the debt, as I have always paid my debts.

On their breach for merging, do you have a template letter I can make use of? Or any suggested form of wording?

Ref the CCA letter,

the account number they use

- have used since 2006 - is the current account one.

What they did was add the loan and credit card balances to the overdraft and continued using the bank account as the generic reference. Any CCA request will just show up the current account info surely?

Also, as it is more than 10 years old (the debt) they may not be able to supply proof of the consolidation from 10 years ago?

Edited by coly coly

Aha the old HSBC managed loan debacle

Person I'd be getting an SAR off to them

Let's get all the statements

Who else are you blindly paying

Simply because 'you always pay your debts'???

Doesn't mean you owe all anyone claims you do....

Re charges,PPI,interest etcetc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread retitled and moved to HSBC forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I want to know if it is defaulted or not, and what can be done about removing it from my credit files.

I will look into the legality of their claim next.

But for now I'm interested in exploring what can be done about this on my credit files.

Well they are very unlikely to ever go near a court room.

They wont have a CCA for a merged debt.

One wont exist.

Especially that old.

Thats probably why theyve allowed you 10+ years to pay off a 18k debt when they could have gone to court a long time ago.

Get that CCA request running.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They shoved everything into my current account so presumably there won't be a CCA to send.

Also, it goes back 6 years so they probably won't send any evidence of the credit card or loan elements under a SAR.

I will send for a CCA and SAR but if I'm right I won't get a CCA for a current account

and there will be nothing going back more than 6 years.

I don't think I have kept any old credit card or loan info.

What I need are statements proving the consolidation of the 3 liabilities plus CCAs for the credit card and loan.

But, on the credit files issue, can I get them to remove it?

Most likely. But you need to deal with one thing at a time.

I would be way more concerned that you were tricked into paying thousands of pounds when they werent legally entitled to it, rather than a marker on your credit file.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

use our search cag box of the top red toolbar

type in hsbc managed loan

and get reading

and they

I file trawled and see that I sent a CCA request back in 2010 on this.

Here is what HSBC sent back.

They are saying no CCA request is valid because they rebooted the loan and credit card in the merged plan

. I have sent a fresh CCA for the loan, credit card and anything relating to the managed debt plan

let's face it their response is going to be the same or similar.

I would like to know:

1. what constitutes a Default?

2. is the HSBC managed loan legal?

3. Has anyone successfully had an HSBC managed loan forgiven?

4. If I stop paying, can they trash my credit files and get a CCJ?

FD CCA.pdf

Sar time

Go read those threads I posted

Particularly those from and helped by citizenb

and they

Well reading that missive from the bank, would in turn warrant me turning off the taps to their profit pocket, and I'd stop paying. IMO.

I'll send a SAR and report back here.

However, if HSBC only provide 6 years' data then I'm surmising a SAR may not be helpful (the loan element of the account dates back to 2003, the credit card and current account earlier still; as stated, I defaulted in 2006).

If they do come back with nothing of any use from the SAR, given we know the CCA did not show up anything, then what?

On what basis do I refuse to pay?

I did borrow the loan money and I did rack up the credit card and the overdraft,

so on what basis would the court allow me to evade the balance of the debt?

Because it is unenforceable? If so, how?

Also, can you tell me what I do about the credit files?

Can HSBC record this on my files if I defaulted in 2006?

I did not, apparently, get a formal Default but did 'default' (if you follow what I mean).

Edited by coly coly

HSBC will have more. usually on microfilm but theyll try and say they dont

if no CCA then you dont pay. Youre being fleeced big time and you need to start reclaiming.

if no CCA then you dont pay.

On what basis? I don't understand.

you need to start reclaiming.

Again on what basis? Can I claim back what I have paid back to them all this time? Really?!

As the debt is with the OC I would think very carefully about withdrawing payment.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

As the debt is with the OC I would think very carefully about withdrawing payment.

Andy

Exactly! I don't want to make this worse and need to be absolutely sure that I can legally withhold repayments to the bank. On what basis can I attempt such a move? I'm not being told that, simply that I'm a "cash cow" but as a legit debt I can't just stop because the bank cannot produce the CCAs surely?

Unless there's something about these being a "merged loan" that makes it different?

Edited by coly coly