Cabot and a Natwest credit card - dont change do they

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, it's been a while when I was very heavily involved on this site for a number of years and especially with Cabot - not sure how many people remember the CFC (Cabot Fan Club)....anyway, I digress

Some five years ago I got into some bother with Nat West (Credit Card)

as they just kept upping my credit limit without agreeing amount first,

doing any checking if I could afford it or anything like that.

I had a complaint running with them re irresponsible lending..

They promised to look into it, to sort it and to resolve my complaint

...they never did so I have just left it

- cue Cabot and their first letter a couple of months ago.

I find it hard to believe that this pile of dung still operate in the same unlawful / illegal way they did ten years ago.

From sending me a Nat West letter in the same envelope as their own letter,

to ringing me at home (even though they were 'banned' from doing so)..

.oh + a load of other nonsense that I won't go into

- suffice to say they still spout as much now as they always did.

That said-

I just need to reconnect re where I stand with this.

It's five years since I made any sort of payment.

I'm still to request signed copy of agreements and all that other stuff I may have to do but,

shall I just simply tell Cabot that, as far as I'm concerned, the matter is still with Nat West

as they have failed to resolve my initial complaint

and that the alleged debt is subject to iressposible lending?

In the meantime, I shall go and read some other posts re Cabot and see what they are up to after all this time...

Thanks for any help

Just hate every DCA out there

I would send Cabot a CCA request, this will stall them for a bit.

Because the Credit Card has been sold, you can claim all charges and any PPI, if you have got all of your statements, great, if not send Natwest a Subject Access Request, it will cost you a tenner but well worth it.

You can claim yourself for free, do not engage with any of these claims companies, if you need any help in doing this just ask.

Cabot do not care about irresponsible lending, they are greedy and only want money, you may have to complain to the FCA.

The only issue you may come up against is because you did not escalate your complaint with Natwest at that time.

Also, send Cabot the stop telephone letter in the templates section, you are under no legal obligation to speak to them so if they do call just hang up, you can also buy phones or Truecall that block set numbers.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I would send Cabot a CCA request, this will stall them for a bit.

Because the Credit Card has been sold, you can claim all charges and any PPI, if you have got all of your statements, great, if not send Natwest a Subject Access Request, it will cost you a tenner but well worth it.

Cabot do not care about irresponsible lending, they are greedy and only want money, you may have to complain to the FCA.

The only issue you may come up against is because you did not escalate your complaint with Natwest at that time.

Stigman

Thanks Stig and I will do all that but I did escalate the complaint re irresponsible lending, it was Nat West who stopped communicating about it. Cabot can 'do one' as far as I am concerned. Like you said, there's a CCA request, a SAR request and all manner of other issues to go through before anything else happens. Wonder what's happened to old Ken Maynard these days.

Just hate every DCA out there

You said

Some five years ago I got into some bother
, When was your last payment? Was it 5 years ago & if so how long to go to Statute Barred? unless you are in Scotland then the debt is already Statute Barred.

If you go through the irresponsible lending then that will be between Natwest and the FCA, but first deal with Cabot and send the CCA request.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you