Over 6 years of charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have already been successful in claiming back charges for the past 6 years from Halifax and after seeing others being successfull in claiming back charges past the 6 years I have decided to give it a go. I have phoned customer services to test the water and they have told me that the bank only keep statements for 6 years. How then have others been able to claim back.

Regards

Hi,

Im in the middle of claiming above 6 years along with Moses from this board, however I recieved 12 years of statements on my original statement request.....not sure where else you could get them if the bank are saying they are not on record, maybe worth writing an official letter to one of the contacts listed at the top of the page rather than just ringing the call centre.....

Sean:D :D

Halifax claim £2152 (LBA sent 4th Oct 06)

Halifax Money Claim entered 17th Oct

Halifax acknowledged on 18th Oct

Halifax make full offer 28th Oct.

Lloyds Claim request statements on the 5th October:D

Guest bluecloud

The bank keep statements (sorry lists of transactions ;)) going back way more than 6 years. The Halifax are very good at trying to make customers think they are only able to claim for 6 years or less.

The Limitations Act 1980 limits the period for a claim to six years from the date that the claimants becomes aware that a claim can be made. This is usually 6 years from the date of the first letter to the bank, whether it be the SAR or the Preliminary Letter.

However, Section 32 of the Act allows claims to go back further if it can be demonstrated that the Defendant deliberately concealed the financial information. The banks have always claimed that the true nature of charges are commercially sensitive and that they will disclose the real cost. This stance appears to satisfy Section 32.

Hope this is useful.

Bluecloud,

When you say satisfiy section 32 with there response, does this mean that section 32 is not usuable by someone like myself against the halifax....sory for my stupidity, im trying to grasp this law stuff at a great rate of knots!!!!

Thanks

Halifax claim £2152 (LBA sent 4th Oct 06)

Halifax Money Claim entered 17th Oct

Halifax acknowledged on 18th Oct

Halifax make full offer 28th Oct.

Lloyds Claim request statements on the 5th October:D