style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1192 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good home insurance policy with legal cover add on.

I have a lot of employment issues at work mainly disability related and want to make sure I'm covered in case I ever need to take legal action.

Or is there a stand alone legal policy available which I can buy.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Dex

Hi,

I have a lot of employment issues at work mainly disability related and want to make sure I'm covered in case I ever need to take legal action.

Cheers

Dex

You would need to check details of Home Insurance legal expensss insurances as they vary quite a lot. Some only cover legal issues related to the home and might cover consumer issues. But they might not cover employment issues.

If you search online for legal expenses insurance you will find companies that offer it. DAS, Allianz.

Be careful though, as you state that you already have existing employment issues that relate to disability. If you attempted to make a claim on any new insurance you took out and they found the issue existed before you bought the insurance, they would not help you.

If you have current employment issues related to disability, you should check with disability rights groups or charities, as they often have legal helplines or people around the country who can help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Also, we have some excellent and very knowledgeable contributors in our employment section and if you have issues already then maybe you should start taking advice there to begin with. At least you will get some information which may help you to make decisions.

The final word about legal services cover is that you should be aware that generally speaking whether or not a decision is taken to take on your case depends on what they think of your chances of success. It has nothing to do with what you think might be your chances of success. The experience we have on this forum is that the people who make decisions as to whether or not to support you legally, operate in a very conservative fashion. This is understandable because like all insurers, they prefer not to pay out because they make their money not by paying out but by not paying out.

If the issues you are having with your employers are at all tricky or demanding, then you may well find that legal insurance cover is not the answer. Many people who take legal insurance cover end up very disappointed, but there is very little they can do.

Hi,

Cheers

Dex

Can you join a union? This might be a better option.