Jump to content

I worked as self emloyed last year for a short period what documents

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1703 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I came from EU to London in November last year, 2015 and i was working as self employed for 1.5 months in that year.


I was waiter through an agency working for minimal wage, now i am employed already but I am concerned about those several weeks that i worked as self employed last year,


i haven't submitted any documents about the salaries i received and i don't know if i should and what documents i need to have,


i don't have all of my pay slips either.


Today I was in the agency that i worked for to ask these questions, and they told me not to worry about that,


since I worked for a short period and for little money.


I haven't received any letters from HMRC either so what do you suggest i should do ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If by November 2016 you have earned less that 11600 in total, there's no point submitting anything even though to follow the letter of the law you should fill a self assessment.

If you've earned more, then it's important that you do submit the self assessment so hmrc won't bother you.

It's quite a simple form, especially because you should have some sort of paperwork from the agency with all the figures.

One thing that you should check is that the agency hasn't paid tax and national insurance on your behalf, so look at the paperwork.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally if self employed the agency can't pay you direct, you either use an umbrella company that pays you and takes care of any tax of you set up a limited company and the agency pays them, in both cases you should fill in an hmrc self assessment but in the second Ltd co case you would need to pay any tax owing, although as mentioned this might be zero anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...