style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had some emails from CRS regarding a debt which was with lifeboat loans

but now owned by starline capital limited as they bought the loan book from lifeboat loans when they went into liquidation.

The email I have had from CRS informing me of the amount I owe

is the first communication of any kind regarding this since taken the loan out several years ago.

CRS were chasing £1200 pounds.

I spoke to CRS a month ago to dispute this amount as the original loan was for £300 pounds I think

asked CRS for the default notice as I have never had one and

also a statement of account and

a true copy of the terms of conditions.

today I call CRS to find that they are no longer going to deal with the account due to the dispute.

So I am guessing that CRS have had no response to my request

and have given up or know there is proof.

What can I do going forward as I cannot find any details of starline capital limited

and CRS say all their communication is done via an electronic system

and have no contact details for them and suggested I google search them.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to dispute this amount and get them off my back.

HI Mightyroyals

And Welcome back to CAG. Sorry to hear about LBLs and CRS.

See thing is, CRS are pretty tame and will do nothing and its probably a good thing its been sent back to the Finance Co... However it appears these guys have done a Safeloans jobbie.

Liquidate the loan company and form a Capital DCA based company...

From first glance... Check here;

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-60462-1791040 which in turn puts Darren Heslington as the Power Of Attorney

Then you look at him on https://companycheck.co.uk/director/913630895/DARREN-STUART-HESLINGTON/companies

Then you see that he was involved with Lifeboat Loans which is Subsidiary of Lifeboat Assistance - IP Number 567072 - If you search here... http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.force.com/CS_RegisterSearchPageNew

Then youll see it all ends up back at Starline who have no contact etc.

Personally this loan wont go near court or anything of that matter. I think you are going to be okay.

Is this on your CRA?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Personally i would just ignore it unless osmethign of substance comes along. If they want to go anywhere near a court, it has to go through solicitors plus the pre action protocol. For a debt to balloon from 300-1200 its pretty safe to say they wont touch court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and stay off that phone!!

just remember a DCA IS NOT A BAILIFF!!

they have no such legal powers.

there's no legal requirement to talk on the phone nor at your door to anyone supposedly chasing a 'debt'.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi, similar story. Had a loan with Lifeboat Loans for £600 which I couldn't pay back due to a change in circumstances and entering into debt management. Advised them of debt management contact details but they made no effort to communicate with them.

Then started getting contacted at my work by a company called Blackstones in relation to the debt, advised them time and again that I was in debt management and they would need to communicate directly with them but again they didn't communicate with by DMC.

Then CRS came along, again contacting me at my work and advising me I was due over £2000. I asked them politely not to contact me at work, and queried the amount as it was vastly more than the original debt, also advised them regarding being in debt management. No response from them for a couple of weeks then more calls at my work. I then put in a complaint to them regarding this and regarding the amount they claimed I was due.

They have now responded claiming it was a system error on their part as to why they continued to contact me at work after I requested them not to, and they also advised that they had queried the amount with the Lender but have had no response and so are have put the debt back to them and are no longer handling it.

No idea what is going to happen next, just waiting for yet another debt collection agency to call me at work regarding the payment.

They were also chasing me for an over inflated debt. I kindly asked them to produce the original agreement and a statement of account.

That was over 4 months ago and I havn't heard from them since. They never contacted my work number though.

You should raise a complaint against them for contacting your work number.