Wednesday 6th July 2016. Chilcot report.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The country has waited a long time to see Tony Blair’s face

when this report comes out, there are suggestions that he

should be stripped of all honours given to him, to sit on the

Privy Council-who advise the Queen, and the title of

‘Right Honourable’ which he is not.

Blair lied to the British people and to parliament (with the

aid of his side kick Campbell, they should both be taken to

court for starting an illegal war, which killed nearly 7,500 Iraq

civilians plus the lives of 179 British servicemen and women,

which also enabled the rise of ISS.

Blair took absolutely no notice of experts and his cabinet so

that he could make the case for war. If he is found guilty of

lying then he should face the full force of the law.

I have been reading a book called

Broken Vows –Tony Blair the tragedy of power, by Tom Bower.

It is a real eye opener in relation to his total time in power,

and I have to say Brown was also responsible for what went

wrong during the Labour years, by the shear animosity between

them.

Hello buckthorn.

Can you post some links for your allegations please? If not, they could be removed.

HB

you mean re the copy n pastes....!? :)

Élite members of the high club are above the law.

No matter what they do they get away with it.

I have come to accept this and avoid getting angry at injustice surrounding them.

I just pray that I would never have to have anything to do with them because it would be a lost battle.

That's "civilization" unfortunately.

Hello buckthorn.

Can you post some links for your allegations please? If not, they could be removed.

HB

Try these links.

David Kelly (weapons expert) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kelly_(weapons_expert)

Jump to Doubts about the suicide verdict, and alternative theories for Kelly's ... - ... Strange Death of David Kelly ... six doctors began legal action to ...

‎Biography · ‎WMD dossier · ‎Death · ‎Hutton Inquiry

The betrayal of Dr David Kelly, 10 years on - Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk › News › Politics

21 Jul 2013 - Dr David Kelly: it is 10 years since the death of the weapons inspector who was caught in a row about the justification for the Iraq war Photo: PA.

David Kelly: An end to the conspiracy theories? | Books | The Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com › Arts › Books › Politics

4 Jul 2013 - Dr David Kelly was Britain's foremost authority on biological weapons, and perhaps our leading expert on Iraqi WMD, yet as this protest reminds us, his sudden death met with no inquest and no evidence was heard under oath.

Dr David Kelly - Many Dark Actors | The Unredacted

theunredacted.com/dr-david-kelly-many-dark-actors/

12 Mar 2016 - Was British government weapons inspector Dr David Kelly murdered?

The Mysterious Death of Dr. David Kelly. Was He Murdered? The ...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-mysterious-death...dr-david-kelly...murdered.../5500111

10 Jan 2016 - Provided herewith are the introductory sections of this important report on the Death of Dr. David Kelly. Read complete report here. Dr David ...

Ten Years Ago: The Death of Dr. David Kelly. Murdered on the Orders ...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ten-years...death-of-dr-david-kelly-murdered.../5343229

19 Jul 2013 - This is the GRTV Backgrounder on The Death of Dr. David Kelly. ... about the nature and timing of Dr. David Kelly's death, as well as the official ...

Doctors claim cover-up over death of weapons expert Dr David Kelly ...

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk › News › UK

17 Jul 2013 - "This week it is 10 years since the suspicious death of the biological weapons scientist, Dr David Kelly," the group said in a statement. "His death is a matter of continuing public and professional concern.

'David Kelly was Murdered' Says UK Intelligence ... - Prison Planet.com

http://www.prisonplanet.com/022304kellywasmurdered.html

Shocking new details about the death of Dr David Kelly emerged exclusively today on the Alex Jones radio show. Michael Shrimpton, a UK national security ...

Edited by buckthorn
add

I could google it, but we ask people who quote from other sources to attribute the quotes, buckthorn.

HB

I did not quote from another source it was my own opinion, so why should I have to justify it?

And as for fords remarks that it was copy and paste, is just rubbish.

There is a difference between opinion and libel.

Now strangely enough, there are many issues which should be answered regarding all the military interventions, and not only why they were instigated, but why they were 'progressed' the way they were were.

Why is no-on (except the conspiracy sites) questioning Libya?

Why is no-one really questioning the illegal support of radicals and continued illegal bombing of Syria?

What about our allies bombing markets in Yemen?

What about mass bombings and heavy machine gunning of effectively undefended civilian cities like Gaza?

What about the sinking of the General Belgrano?

Although if you read through my prior posts you will see I unquestionably suppoted the invasion of Iraq as a necessary evil, and a lessor evil than all the other options, I didnt support the destabilisation of Libya or Syria, and I certainly didn't support many of the 'methods' or justifications used in Iraq (which were in my opinion many of the direct causes of the rise of ISIS).

Regarding WMD, consider that the blame was attempted (still is) to be put on Assad for gassing his own citizens despite resently having to report that ISIS is gassing people and that the hard-core of ISIS is largely ex-iraqi 'military' making these.

Mustard gas and the sort is reportedly easier to make that many street drugs, and has been around since 1860.

I think few people who intelligently question even the commonly reported knowledge of some of these type of events have any doubts that dirty deeds and misdirection has been, and continue to be used in these 'operations,

but who actually did them, and beyond that who actually instigated and manipulated them is a far more complex question.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

And as for fords remarks that it was copy and paste, is just rubbish.

if you reread my post, it was plural in general (you know, eg re some of your previous 'exit' posts), no specific reference to that post above. :)

Our Tone doesn't seem to have come out of it too well.

Tony Blair was told invading Iraq would increase the terror threat against the UK, relied on intelligence that was flawed, and decided to take military action before all other peaceful options had been carried out.

Those are just some of the damning conclusions reached by Sir John Chilcot, who today publishes his 12-volume report into the 2003 Iraq War.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/chilcot-report-summary-iraq-inquiry-main-findings-show-tony-blair-knew-iraq-invasion-would-make-the-uk-less-safe_uk_577cd3ece4b073366f0ffea9

TB seems unrepentant according to the article.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Our Tone doesn't seem to have come out of it too well.

Tony Blair was told invading Iraq would increase the terror threat against the UK, relied on intelligence that was flawed, and decided to take military action before all other peaceful options had been carried out.

Those are just some of the damning conclusions reached by Sir John Chilcot, who today publishes his 12-volume report into the 2003 Iraq War.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/chilcot-report-summary-iraq-inquiry-main-findings-show-tony-blair-knew-iraq-invasion-would-make-the-uk-less-safe_uk_577cd3ece4b073366f0ffea9

TB seems unrepentant according to the article.

HB

\TB seems to have been reading something totally different if you hear his speech at a press conference earlier today ?

Former British prime minister Tony Blair voiced "sorrow, regret and apology" after a damning report on the Iraq war Wednesday, but said he did not mislead parliament and did not regret toppling Saddam Hussein.

"I express more sorrow, regret and apology than you may ever know or can believe," said Blair, his voice breaking with emotion in a speech in central London.

However, he added: "As the report makes clear there were no lies, parliament and cabinet were not misled, there was no secret commitment to war

NEWS WIRES - France 24 - 06 July 2016

In a statement to the media, his voice at times cracking with emotion, the former Labour prime minister said the decision to commit troops was the "most agonising and momentous" decision in his decade as prime minister, adding that he would "carry it with me for the rest of my days".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36712735

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Perhaps he should have taken up acting rather than politics as a career !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is a difference between opinion and libel.

Now strangely enough, there are many issues which should be answered regarding all the military interventions, and not only why they were instigated, but why they were 'progressed' the way they were were.

Why is no-on (except the conspiracy sites) questioning Libya?

Why is no-one really questioning the illegal support of radicals and continued illegal bombing of Syria?

What about our allies bombing markets in Yemen?

What about mass bombings and heavy machine gunning of effectively undefended civilian cities like Gaza?

What about the sinking of the General Belgrano?

Although if you read through my prior posts you will see I unquestionably suppoted the invasion of Iraq as a necessary evil, and a lessor evil than all the other options, I didnt support the destabilisation of Libya or Syria, and I certainly didn't support many of the 'methods' or justifications used in Iraq (which were in my opinion many of the direct causes of the rise of ISIS).

Regarding WMD, consider that the blame was attempted (still is) to be put on Assad for gassing his own citizens despite resently having to report that ISIS is gassing people and that the hard-core of ISIS is largely ex-iraqi 'military' making these.

Mustard gas and the sort is reportedly easier to make that many street drugs, and has been around since 1860.

I think few people who intelligently question even the commonly reported knowledge of some of these type of events have any doubts that dirty deeds and misdirection has been, and continue to be used in these 'operations,

but who actually did them, and beyond that who actually instigated and manipulated them is a far more complex question.

What has any of that got to do with Iraq and the Chilcot report ?

Dread the thought over the last decades conflicts which we were active in and if people wanted an enquiry , we would be over run by now, time to grow up and get back onto stability and act against aggression wherever it is, poor equipment they reckon, then they were not in the Yemen in the 60s - no such thing as bullet proof, just short / socks/ putties / and short sleeve shirts, into action men, and 3/4 filled magazines as you may weaken the springs. Ahhhhhhhhhh

Has the spineless leaders actually left Kindergarten/play school, because the mess over the last 4 decades is showing now!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Saddams regime was a threat to the region and wider world, but there was a rush by Bush to start a war, which Blair found he could not deny British involvement. From about 1998 Blair was advocating interventionist policies and after 9/11 he stepped up this strategy to encourage US, UK and other willing partners to take action which he thought would help with world peace.

Blair still believes he was right with the policies he was following and that the world is still better without Saddam.

I don't think Blair lied but genuinely believed he was doing the right thing. The intelligence he received convinced him and others to engage in wars, costing the lifes of a large number of people. It would seem that the intelligence was wrong and had Blair been wiiling and able to take the time to challenge it, that war might have been avoided involving British troops. The problem was that Bush was going ahead whatever happened and i doubt Blair saying Britain would not be involved would have stopped him.

My opinion for what it is worth is that had the United Nations been more effective and more trusted in bringing different countries together, that there would not have been a rush to war. From what i remember, France and Russia were going to block in the security council, attempts to get a second resolution. US and UK were already focused on war, with the UN leadership unable to broker any deal. Neither Bush or Blair respected the UN enough, as they were constantly frustrated by France, Russia or China. The UN has become a pretty pointless organisation, when it should really be a respected body, able to gain brokered deals to ensure a secure peace most are happy with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and I would like to know if there is any truth in the talk of Saddam Hussein who wanted to trade oil in Iraq's currency and not US dollars. A move the US would see as destabilising the market trade in oil. Was intelligence reasons used to move forward with the decision to topple Saddam Hussein if he wanted to change trading terms in oil.

Saddams regime was a threat to the region and wider world, but there was a rush by Bush to start a war, which Blair found he could not deny British involvement. From about 1998 Blair was advocating interventionist policies and after 9/11 he stepped up this strategy to encourage US, UK and other willing partners to take action which he thought would help with world peace.

Blair still believes he was right with the policies he was following and that the world is still better without Saddam.

I don't think Blair lied but genuinely believed he was doing the right thing. The intelligence he received convinced him and others to engage in wars, costing the lifes of a large number of people. It would seem that the intelligence was wrong and had Blair been wiiling and able to take the time to challenge it, that war might have been avoided involving British troops. The problem was that Bush was going ahead whatever happened and i doubt Blair saying Britain would not be involved would have stopped him.

My opinion for what it is worth is that had the United Nations been more effective and more trusted in bringing different countries together, that there would not have been a rush to war. From what i remember, France and Russia were going to block in the security council, attempts to get a second resolution. US and UK were already focused on war, with the UN leadership unable to broker any deal. Neither Bush or Blair respected the UN enough, as they were constantly frustrated by France, Russia or China. The UN has become a pretty pointless organisation, when it should really be a respected body, able to gain brokered deals to ensure a secure peace most are happy with.

I hear what you are saying Uncle B - however, just because Bush was going anyway was no reason for Tony Blair to send our troops. Also, you cannot expect a fighting team to then automatically become a peace keeping team - that side of things should have been left to the United Nations.

If Tony Blair is not going to be called to account before a court of law - then I think dragging our soldiers into a court of law is very wrong indeed.

Once TB convinced himself he was doing the "right thing" nothing and no one would be able to change his mind.

I also think that Alastair Campbell's participation in the decision making was out of order. Although from what I hear, he doesn't get a mention at all in the Chilcot report !

BCOBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU66W9H-Y7w

All hail our new upcoming PM.......

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Love it - I imagine that she has been having a few sleepless nights over the last few days - I think I might have fallen asleep as well :lol:

BCOBS

Tony Blair says the country should respect him

as he had a job to do and would do it all over

again if he was PM.

He never respected the people of this country

and especially the families of those he sent

into an illegal war, I bet he would have a

different attitude if it had been members of

his own family, who were killed or lost limbs.

Tony Blair says the country should respect him

as he had a job to do and would do it all over

again if he was PM.

He never respected the people of this country

and especially the families of those he sent

into an illegal war, I bet he would have a

different attitude if it had been members of

his own family, who were killed or lost limbs.

I would agree with you on this.

BCOBS