Civil Enforcement (KFC car park) **CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a NTK, I was not the driver. In answer to the stickies questions:

1. 24/05/2016

2. 20/06/2017 (27 days after incident by my calculation)

3. 22/06/2016 (posted second class)

4. No

5. Yes (but you cannot see anything of the car park, only the car)

6. No

7. Civil Enforcement (Liverpool)

My partner and her friends all received the same notice on the same day (3 drivers and 3 cars). They had all met at a KFC in Christchurch, Dorset for lunch and were in the restaurant the whole time. They have exceeded the allowed time of 75 minutes - looks like they were in there for about 110 minutes.

One of them has since been back to the car park and tells me that it is 'plastered' in signs which all three of them insist were not there at the time of the infringement. (I do not know if there were any signs at all, or just not clearly visible and obvious).

Thanks.

Edited by MrNumbskull
Additional info

ok, actually in a kfc car park. street view is may 2015.

there is a sign there, but cant read it. but it seems rubbish. are there further signs now.

the guys will be along.

I haven't been down there myself so don't know what the signs look like in comparison now. I was wondering if the fact that the NTK was received well beyond 14 days makes it unenforceable anyway?

possibly. are you able to scan up the notice, less any identifiables. the advice may be to ignore the notice.

it doesnt look like there's any contractual obligation.

anyway, see what the guys say.

Well, the ntk is out of time to create keeper liability and that notice is so pofa non compliant it's laughable.

Am I to understand then that these invoices must be PoFA compliant regardless? It does appear to be clear from reading the relevant bits of legislation that where a NTD has not been given (ticket on windscreen), that a NTK must be sent within 14 days of the infringement, which if I am correct, makes this void.

I'd appreciate if someone could advise on whether to ignore or write a very short letter? I would prefer to ignore and allow them to continue with empty threats as it'll provide some amusement and waste their time.

Yes. You can wrote a letter but it needs specific wording. Have a search of this forum and you'll find multiple examples

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am going to wrote a brief letter so that they know I have acknowledged (and dealt with) the notice:

===================================================================================================================

Re: PCN xxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir / Madam,

As the registered keeper of the vehicle referenced in the above Parking Charge Notice, I draw to your attention the failure of said notice to comply with The Protection of Freedoms Act (2012).

I was not the driver at the time of the alleged infringement, and do not have any obligation to name the driver.

This letter is a final response, and any continued pursuit or harassment in respect of this matter will be dealt with accordingly.

===================================================================================================================

I'm probably going to take out the middle sentence as the 14 days have passed and this is irrelevant? Comments?

CEL are the least honest operators and dont give a stuff about the rules or the law in general. Your letter is fine, it makes the 2 relevant points that means any continued action by them will result in a possible claim against them. They will still try and get money out of you by passing the matter on to one of their sister companies.

• 2 weeks later...

This companie and all PPC's needed to be reigned in. But that wont happen given who the owners of the largest PPC are.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well done

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...