style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all, thankyou for being here. Your advice to others about RLP really supported me during the past year.

About a year ago I was accused of shoplifting in Tesco while using the shop and scan for my household shopping. I didn't intend to steal but I accept that things were in my trolley that I hadn't scanned or paid for, and my only excuse is that I was having extreme anxiety and depression problems at the time, and my mind used to wander, esp while shopping.

I was detained in the back for 2 hours while they waited for the police, eventually they were told the police were not interested, and I was told to sign this RLP form which I refused to do. I was banned from the store for 6 months.

We phoned Tesco the next day and were told that they were not pursuing the matter, I got some medication sorted out, and am now much much better. I now shop online and have never set foot near Tesco again.

About a month later I received my first letter from RLP. I found this forum and followed the advice to ignore, so I did. I got about 4 letters then nothing this past 6 months or so.

Have now received a letter from a debt collection agency "Capital Resolve" asking for £171.48. They seem to be legit from their website. They have named as their client "RLP on behalf of Tesco".

What do I do? They want a response by 5th July.

Keep on ignoring them, they are a powerless DCA and can do nothing to you.

The only time you need respond to anything is IF you receive a claim form from the courts.

IF you do, come back and we will deal with it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I just recieved a letter from Capital Resolve today as well, passed on by Tesco.

I think the advice for dealing with these people on the phone is don't, just hang up if they phone you.

You completely ignore everything from them. No if's, no buts, no coconuts

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Only Tesco can take matters further legally and from what I understand they have decided not to, so simply ignore RLP and their agents.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi and welcome.

All the advice so far has been correct. RLP have dropped their last pet debt collector (they do go through quite a few of them) and got this new bunch to chase instead. I suspect that RLP are going through their old cases and trying again.

Ignore then ignore again.

You may get a final letter from them saying that they are passing the 'debt' back to RLP with the recommendation that they take legal action. This is nothing to worry about as RLP can do bu**er all to you. As mentioned, ONLY Tesco can take action but they won't. The reason. The 'charge' is unlawful.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

RLP can do diddly squat, as to the DCA as abvove toothless.ignore.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In answer to your question "What do i say if they phone"

Laugh loudly and hang up, or if you have one of those aerosol horn cans, even better!!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.