PIP Form....?

PomBlue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I expect to get the PIP form fairly soon and it would be good to view it before it arrives. I usually copy these forms to do a trial run and have a copy for future reference. Is there a copy of this on-line anywhere for me to download?

If you search online you will find a 'sample' form. As Nystagmite says, you do need to use the paper form sent to you through the post as each page has your identification details on it.

DWP will not accept the sample form instead, therefore if, like many disabled people you would like to fill in the form yourself but cannot handwrite it, you can write all your answers on separate sheets. If you do, use the same headings as the form and make sure your NI number and name are on each page, then staple the lot to the back of the form. You would still need to sign the actual form, and I would suggest it's wise to complete the personal details and perhaps put 'see attached for remaining answers' or DWP/ATOS/Maximus may just assume that you've sent back a blank form.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?407139-Personal-Independence-Payment-(PIP)-Sources-of-Interest-Updated-Oct-2015

There are a few links in the stikkies of this section of the forum. Main link above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you all for that. I expect the form in 6 months time. I found the government form online but it seems to be rigged so it can't be copied. I'm surprise no one has scanned their posted one and put that up on the net. I'll keep looking on line for one that can be downloaded. No form in the links etc. on this site from what I can see. PomBlue

Thank you all for that. I expect the form in 6 months time. I found the government form online but it seems to be rigged so it can't be copied. I'm surprise no one has scanned their posted one and put that up on the net. I'll keep looking on line for one that can be downloaded. No form in the links etc. on this site from what I can see. PomBlue

You can't do that. Your personal details are printed on the form.

You can't do that. Your personal details are printed on the form.

But I would have thought in this hi-tech world once they were digitized that part could be removed....??? TO ALL:- The reason I wanted to see the form was because I had heard it was large. However, the government site one is only 20 pages. I've done the form for DLA a few times and that one, from memory, is about that size. Are the two claims' forms similar in size, format, questions asked etc?

Just had my F2F interrogation today, and I had to get assistance to fill in the PIP form, this took THREE hours to do, so that should give you an indication as to the level of information you need to enter. I think (?) it's about 16 pages?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just had my F2F interrogation today, and I had to get assistance to fill in the PIP form, this took THREE hours to do, so that should give you an indication as to the level of information you need to enter. I think (?) it's about 16 pages?

Could you expand on your post please. F2F with who? The person who helped you fill in the form or ATOS type people? And how does the 3 hours relate to this, where does it apply? And can I ask what area is your disability in? Mines depression and less physical; though that's changing. Thanks.

Pip2 is the firm you fill in about how your disability affects you.

So that begs the question what is PIP1? What's the process in all this? I have read or something that there's a phone call first.....?

So that begs the question what is PIP1? What's the process in all this? I have read or something that there's a phone call first.....?

I was on DLA first and just going through the PIP process. I had to phone up and give some details and was then sent the PIP2 form. Not too sure what a PIP1 form is.

Could you expand on your post please. F2F with who? The person who helped you fill in the form or ATOS type people? And how does the 3 hours relate to this, where does it apply? And can I ask what area is your disability in? Mines depression and less physical; though that's changing. Thanks.

F2F interrogation was with ATOS.

The assistance I had in filling in my form was from DIAL which is a disability charity.

It took three hours to fill the form in, I don't understand your question?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

F2F interrogation was with ATOS.

The assistance I had in filling in my form was from DIAL which is a disability charity.

It took three hours to fill the form in, I don't understand your question?

I'm just trying to get the chronology here, how the process works. So the F2F with ATOS was the initial start to the PIP process and then the PIP2 form followed? Or the F2F with ATOS had nothing to do with the PIP procedure but was to do with something else all together?

I was on DLA first and just going through the PIP process. I had to phone up and give some details and was then sent the PIP2 form. Not too sure what a PIP1 form is.

I assume you got a letter asking you to phone? I have heard that if you can't deal with answering questions over the phone you have the option of doing this as a form. You didn't read any offer of this in the letter you were sent that I have assumed you received?

What was the point or purpose of the phone call; or what kind of things did they ask?

If you don't want to claim by phone allegedly you have to write and ask for a paper form, however if you are persistent they will eventually offer to send you one if you get someone to call and ask for you. Whether they actually send it is a different matter - both copies that I was supposedly sent never arrived and whilst they may have got lost in the post it does seem somewhat of a coincidence that two items sent on seperate dates should both go missing when my post is usually very reliable.

I eventually had no choice but to complete the claim over the phone, it took 40 minutes (probably partly due to my disabilities making things take longer) and as well as all the usual personal information they needed GP details and bank details. What actually took so long was all the stuff they had to read to me about data protection etc. which nearly drove me demented since I have enough problems sitting and concentrating for that long without listening to stuff I probably know more about than they do.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

To claim PIP, the process is as follows,

To kick start the claim, you have to phone, regardless of disability.

Once they have that information then they send out the paper form for you to complete, which has to be returned within a month from the date on the form, or the process has to be started again.

Once they have received the form, they then arrange for a F2F interrogation where you touch your toes, grip their fingers, and raise your arms above your head, because that is how they check for mental health issues!

Just to add a little to Bazooka Boo's post

Asking for the PIP papers to be sent out is actually seen as the start of you making the claim and if you do not get the forms back to them in 30 days they take it you no longer want any disability benefits and will stop any DLA / PIP if you have them (even if they are awarded for life) Thats what happened to me and my partner, they stopped her for life high rate mobility because we could not get the papers back in time and would NOT reinstate them.

Took us 6 more months to actually get the PIP award and they reduced the mobility down to just standard rate. As anybody ever had their Osteoporosis improve with time.....

We made the mistake of asking for the PIP papers just before Christmas and it took them 14 days to get to us so we had already lost that much time.

So just to confirm, When you get the papers get them filled in quick and get them back in plenty of time and make sure you send by a recorded/signed for service as there's far less chance that they can go "Missing". Also you can track them with Royal Mail Track and Trace service so you can see if they have arrived.

Yes RD is a must!

The cost is reduced because of the freepost envelope you return the forms in, it cost about £1.75 I think??

Thank you all for your advice. I'll mull over the implications of it all. Does everyone get a F2F with ATOS, or whoever, or is it judged on an individual case and may be deeded not necessary in some cases?

I assume you are asked to phone by being sent a letter? Is there a time limit on doing the phone call, set down in the letter? I actually expect my PIP around Xmas and so hope to play around with it a bit and avoid the postal thing that Neword had.

It seems to be the default position that everyone gets a face-to-face - ATOS apparently use an automatic system to send out the first available appointment in your general area, and rely on claimants to research if the location is appropriate etc and contact them if it isn't. Any information provided on your PIP form, including such things as wheelchair access, is totally ignored at this point. If you contact them and provide proof that you need a home assessment (according to ATOS, if you can get anywhere, even 50 metres down the road, you can get to them) they will reluctantly grant one. I understand Capita are better at doing home visits.

Something to bear in mind is that even where it's their fault for asking you to go somewhere daft, if you change the appointment it counts as your one allowed cancellation and if you then have to cancel another you could be asked by DWP to provide good reason or your claim will be cancelled. There have been reports of ATOS alleging people weren't in and using that to cancel even where there's unequivocal proof that they went to the wrong address.

RMW

It seems to be the default position that everyone gets a face-to-face - ATOS apparently use an automatic system to send out the first available appointment in your general area, and rely on claimants to research if the location is appropriate etc and contact them if it isn't. Any information provided on your PIP form, including such things as wheelchair access, is totally ignored at this point. If you contact them and provide proof that you need a home assessment (according to ATOS, if you can get anywhere, even 50 metres down the road, you can get to them) they will reluctantly grant one. I understand Capita are better at doing home visits.

Something to bear in mind is that even where it's their fault for asking you to go somewhere daft, if you change the appointment it counts as your one allowed cancellation and if you then have to cancel another you could be asked by DWP to provide good reason or your claim will be cancelled. There have been reports of ATOS alleging people weren't in and using that to cancel even where there's unequivocal proof that they went to the wrong address.

Thank you for that. Is this past performance of ATOS of some years back, because I thought they had been told to be more reasonable recently - you do paint a dire picture of them of some years back. Anyhow, I've already had a home visit by ATOS for ESA a few years ago, wouldn't that count for something?

I'm now in the ESA Support Group.

Also, wouldn't ones doctor's opinion count in this?

Thank you for that. Is this past performance of ATOS of some years back, because I thought they had been told to be more reasonable recently - you do paint a dire picture of them of some years back. Anyhow, I've already had a home visit by ATOS for ESA a few years ago, wouldn't that count for something?

I'm now in the ESA Support Group.

Also, wouldn't ones doctor's opinion count in this?

My view of ATOS is based on my PIP assessment leading to a decision made in December last year, so recent. I have in writing that they use the automated system described, which probably goes a long way to explaining the problems when they were doing ESA assessments. I included with my form a copy of their ESA assessment from a home visit and including that doctor's view that asking me to go anywhere else would be entirely inappropirate, and also a letter from my GP saying the same thing but it made no difference whatsoever. I am of the firm belief that no one even looked past the contact details page on the first 'robust review' otherwise I'd say ignoring information of that sort amounts to negligence.

RMW