Civil enforcement officers and a fag butt

stuckinarut11

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was issued a ticket by officer previous defended through court and I was awarded damages. 12 months ago

An officer who witnessed the event previous watched me for 20 minutes yesterday in this time I'd visited a shop and returned to my place of work.

There was a wall between us when I extinguished my cigarette. He couldn't see me I couldn't see him but was aware of his presence.

Upon walking into my place of work I was apprehended and told to show him my cigarette butt.

I asked why have you witnessed an offense?

The situation escalated at which point i requested he call the police and activate his camera and he proceeded to write out a ticket.

He said that although he had not seen it my failure to present the cigarette butt was enough to issue ticket.

I requested my managers be called after all I was in work and once they arrived I presented the cigarette which was in my hand at all times.

He immediately put his ticket book away No APOLOGY and went on to say he can stop me as he seen me smoking but didn't see me dispose of it.

Absolute joke. I have subject access requested the CCTV footage

• 2 months later...
Why didn't you just show him the cigarette butt to start with and be on your way?

Why should s/he have to. ?

What if they had dissposed of the ciggerette butt in a responsible maner. Does that mean that they are guilty of an offence because they can not produce a cigerrete butt. ?

These clowns are on commission /bonus and will do anything to give people a ticket.

I witnessed an argument between a ceo and a whsmith employee who had extinguished his cigarette just inside his shop and had taken broom and dustpan to clear it up.

The ceo was adamant that he could issue a ticket because the cigarette had been smoked outside, even though the butt had beef disposed on private property.

He had grabbed the whsmith employee by the arm and when police attended (called by the ceo) they asked the whsmith guy if he wanted to press charges.

Fortunately for the ceo, he was a nice guy and told the police to forget about it.

What a waste of public money!

They are there to do a job. SOme are over zealous, but if you are asked, just show them and walk away. You just make yourself look guilty if you dont

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd PMSL and walk away to be honest, it's pointless getting into tit for tat arguments with them, especially if they're like the clowns round here, thinking that a hi viz jacket and a badge gives them some sort of power over another.

They don't like being challenged is all it is, they will always try and assume the 'one rung up' position.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to Civil enforcement officers and a fag butt