ElizabethAnne

Barclaycard CCA Return Via Drydens- no signed copy provided

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1238 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I asked for a copy of a CCA agreement from Drysdens / Max Recovery recently.

A letter dated March 2016 stated that they were unable to fulfill my request.

A letter today from Drysden attached a "copy of the credit agreement conditions".

It has none of my details on, nor my signature.

The letter says " our client considers the debt due and owing"

What do I do now?

regarding what type of account and when/OC/DCA

tell use the full story

we cant comment without more info

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

This was a Barclaycard credit card account going back to about 2005. I have been paying a small monthly amount £1 - £6 since 2008

There is just over £400 owing

You have been given a reconstituted version of the agreement (common with BC section 77/78 requests) which is acceptable as per compliance to a section 77/78 request.

Whether they have a copy of the original....which would be required for enforcement purposes is another matter.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, the letter from Barclaycard says that the debt is not enforceable, but the letter from Drysdens says it is owing.

Thanks Andy, the letter from Barclaycard says that the debt is not enforceable, but the letter from Drysdens says it is owing.

:-) Well they would

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Can you answer another question please - should I be corresponding with Barclaycard or Drysdens or both? Or neither!

Neither if the OC state its unenforceable...but its your choice.

" our client considers the debt due and owing"[/Quote]

Careful use of words. The debt may well be due and owing but they omit to add "even if we cannot pursue this via court action"

They are 'asking' you to pay rather than threatening to 'make' you pay IMO. I would wait for more concrete threats and then refer to their client's letter acknowledging that the alleged debt is unenforceable, adding that in the light of that and until such time as a signed copy of the agreement is provided you will not be discussing payment nor engaging in further correspondence.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi EA,

There's not much detail here for us to help you properly.

1. The letter you rec'd in March 2016 saying they couldn't fulfil your request - was that from BC.

2. Have you checked old statements to see if there were penalty charges or PPI on the a/c that you could reclaim to reduce the balance.

3. Have you received annual statements showing how your payments have reduced the balance over the last 8 years.

4. I assume no interest or penalties are still being added but please confirm.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)