Informal appeal against double yellow line fine rejected, any advice before I proceed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all,

Personally I think that the fine I've received is absolutely unjustifiable on the grounds that it was completely unclear,

even clear in the opposite way, that this spot was restricted-

and every colleague/friend/family member I've consulted has agreed.

However I'd like to sense check that before I waste any more time dealing with the glacial process of formally appealing it now that the informal one has failed.

I was parked at the end of a cul de sac, which had no signage about parking.

There were double yellow lines alone the sides of the street,

but they appear to me to visibly not cover the end of the street

(indeed everyone else has come to this idea, as the end of this street is regularly full of cars parked at the end).

As the PCN and the rejection of my informal appeal only mentioned double yellow lines, It can't be anything else.

Hopefully everyone can see my attachments;

the first two less grainy photos are some of the ones I took to demonstrate the situation,

which I sent along with my informal appeal.

Long dead end street, no obvious double yellow lines at the end, no signage banning parking

The third grainy photo is to me the most damning photo they sent as evidence.

Interestingly the white paint splodge of no clear meaning right next to my car that you can see in my photos

looks as if it could be a double yellow line due to the angle of his photo.

I'm sure that this was absolutely a coincidence and I have absolute faith in the traffic wardens honesty and integrity.

Only a cynical person would suggest that he's deliberately misrepresented the situation.

So what do people think?

I'm currently waiting until the notice to owner arrives and plan to make a formal appeal,

but if people think I was actually in the wrong then I'd rather not waste everyones time.

additionaly I'd be grateful if anyone could answer the following:

Can I make a formal appeal directly even though I'm not the registered owner of the vehicle?

The "Notice to owner" apparently has to go to the owner,

is there a limit on what representation I can make by myself?

225.jpg

229.jpg

012.jpg

I think the PCN is probably correct technically, but I also think the markings are unclear, and so that's a line of appeal.

Only the person on the Notice to Owner can make a representation now. They won't consider one from a third party again. What's the situation? Does the owner know about the PCN?

>I think the PCN is probably correct technically

That's interesting- so is there a general assumption that cul-de-sac ends are covered, or is it a minimum distance thing, ie 3 meters from the double yellow line?

>Only the person on the Notice to Owner can make a representation now. They won't consider one from a third party again. What's the situation? Does the owner know about the PCN?

The owner, a family member, is aware. Guess it's a matter of convincing them to let it play out rather than take the easy way out.

>I think the PCN is probably correct technically

That's interesting- so is there a general assumption that cul-de-sac ends are covered, or is it a minimum distance thing, ie 3 meters from the double yellow line?

If the yellow lines are on both sides of the road, and continue to the end of the road, then the restriction will cover all of the road - including the cul-de-sac ends.

I personally can't see any line where the op parked.

They appear to be on both sides of the road, it depends where they end. If they end beyond where the car is, it is between the two pairs of lines and in the restricted area.

Having looked at the photos IMO the Double Yellow lines are totally hidden under the Planter Boxes running along that length to the entrance/exit. (if you look at the First Photo the Double Yellows disappear under the Planters)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 weeks later...
where are the plates on the lampposts that cover thiis area? If there isnt one on both sides of the road then it cannot be said which one would apply.

Don't understand this. There are double yellow lines on both sides of the road, so both sides are restricted and no signs are needed.