Corbyn and the Labour party leadership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With his cabinet resigning and/or declaring against him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/labour-crisis-vote-jeremy-corbyn-leadership-david-cameron-brexit/

Labour youth disavowing him

http://londonyounglabour.co.uk/uncat...jeremy-corbyn/

and now even the grassroots Labour blog saying a change is needed

http://labourlist.org/2016/06/for-the-good-of-the-party-and-the-country-labour-cannot-go-on-like-this/

does anyone think he will do anything other than cling on to power and damn anyone else?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36638041

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefuly get shot into outer-space along with the rest of the Political Parties

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

hopefuly get shot into outer-space along with the rest of the Political Parties

Agree entirely snowdragon

All senior party officials in the Government (Tory) and opposition (Labour) should be sacked by the country, and banned from holding public positions.

They have spent millions and millions promoting little more than waffle, rhetoric and lies.

At least Sturgeon and Farage were true to their beliefs and declarations.

What was the libs stance and statements? anybody know?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Farage was caught out in his lies though TJ, he said money saved from the EU would go back into the NHS but then he backtracked!

Get shot of all Governments completely, do we really need any of them?

Sandy x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I don't mind some of Corbyns politics on some issues, but i don't think he is capable of running a party. It is not to do with his age, but you need management skills to run a large team of people who are all working together towards the same aims.

Corbyn as a backbencher for decades who has voted against his party on a large number of occasions, has no experience of running a large team where they share the same goals. It is no point him trying to dictate to them, if they don't believe he is capable of taking forward the party to fight an election with a chance of winning.

Perhaps Corbyn wants to destroy the Labour party that won 3 elections under Blair and split it into two parties. His party will be a very left wing party, with the support of a few Trade Unions and the New Labour party will be more centered in politics, trying to attract people who share more moderate political views. The trouble with splitting the party, is that it makes it very difficult to win any election in the next 10 years, unless they gain sudden new mass membership.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Farage was caught out in his lies though TJ, he said money saved from the EU would go back into the NHS but then he backtracked!

Sandy x

I would change our political system radically, with proportional representation for parties and a percentage of independents. I would have regional government with more power and a smaller national government who are more representative. Parliament would be smaller with less than 400 MP's drawn from regional government elected politicians. Tbe select committees from Parliament would take over responsibility for running most government departments working with Civil Servants. There would be less politics and more practical approaches taken based on evidence. The House of Lords should be elected to act as a supervising/legal chamber with people capable of regulating all government to ensure compliance with law.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What was the libs stance and statements? anybody know?
As I understand it, the Lib Dems stayed well out of the EU debate but once the result was known, Tim Farron (I think it was him) stated that if they won the next General Election, they would take us back into the EU. easy for him to say as they will never have a majority in Parliament. He could just as easily say we will have free housing on the Moon.

If there were to be a General election tomorrow, I would not be able to vote. The Tories have come across as consummate liars and tend to look after big business in the hope that by giving bosses a break, it will trickle down to the minions. Nope!

The infighting within the Labour party means I could not vote for them either. They are not united enough for me to choose them.

So, a protest vote? Abstain? Give me one party that could lead this country into the unknown. UKIP!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-result-lib-dems-remain-liberal-democrats-live-policy-stay-leave-a7103186.html

Edited by silverfox1961
added link

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So, a protest vote? Abstain? Give me one party that could lead this country into the unknown. UKIP!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-result-lib-dems-remain-liberal-democrats-live-policy-stay-leave-a7103186.html

Turn CAG into a political party. The Consumer party, " the party that puts people first and politics second"

Sandy x

LOL

Yes but he isnt actually an elected politician is he?

(and hes still sniping at the EU saying they are broke and broken - LOL)

The Tory Legacy

agree with all you said their except the above i quoted

That would be more like:

Half a league, half a league,

Half a league onward,

All in the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!

Charge for the guns!" he said;

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"

Was there a man dismay'd?

Not tho' the soldier knew

Some one had blunder'd:

Their's not to make reply,

Their's not to reason why,

Their's but to do and die:

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

The Tory Legacy

Turn CAG into a political party. The Consumer party, " the party that puts people first and politics second"

Absolutely :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have attributed your quote, TJ. :)

LOL

If you are referring to part of the Charge of the Light Brigade

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

What may be less well known is that he wrote it 6 weeks after the event after reading about it in the Times.

Its also interesting that many consider it the one of the most famous blunders and defeats in British History - until now.

Some consider it glory. and it was promoted a such.

(the political backlash was subdued and promotions occurred (The Peter principal))

What happened

They attacked the wrong people, based on wrong information, who vastly outnumbered them, and were in a far stronger position.

They charged up and despite devastating damage inflicted on them, briefly engaged the enemy, then had to try to retreat through further devastation.

The leader was killed off in the first moments of the conflict.

The wheel of time spins around and around.

The Tory Legacy

I don't mind some of Corbyns politics on some issues, but i don't think he is capable of running a party. It is not to do with his age, but you need management skills to run a large team of people who are all working together towards the same aims.

Corbyn as a backbencher for decades who has voted against his party on a large number of occasions, has no experience of running a large team where they share the same goals. It is no point him trying to dictate to them, if they don't believe he is capable of taking forward the party to fight an election with a chance of winning.

Perhaps Corbyn wants to destroy the Labour party that won 3 elections under Blair and split it into two parties. His party will be a very left wing party, with the support of a few Trade Unions and the New Labour party will be more centered in politics, trying to attract people who share more moderate political views. The trouble with splitting the party, is that it makes it very difficult to win any election in the next 10 years, unless they gain sudden new mass membership.

All true,

I think he is set on his own path - no matter what.

He considers that the 0.25 million votes he got entitles him to do anything he wants, lord and master of all he surveys.

I can well see a breakup of the Labour party if Carbuncle is forced through again. The MP's wont want to risk (LOL risk) losing their seats and sitting in on the wipeout of the party at an election.

Possible even the deputy resigning if that happens, although Watson might sit it out as he got his position on those votes as well - sitting pretty, but the fallout might be toxic.

If only the libdems weren't quite so toxic with the young vote. Hey whatsyername, fancy a hundred or so extra MP's, and a new leader - with a name?

The Tory Legacy

There are rumours around Westminster that Corbyn is holding on, so next week when the Chilcott Iraq Inquiry report is released and Cameron makes a statement it will be Corbyn who responds. Corbyn has been one of the main campaigners against the Blairites and in particular their support of the Iraq war. It will therefore be an oppotunity next week from the frontbench to launch an attack on Tony Blair and those who supported the Iraq war. He is not going to resign until after he has had his chance.

There are rumours around Westminster that Corbyn is holding on, so next week when the Chilcott Iraq Inquiry report is released and Cameron makes a statement it will be Corbyn who responds. Corbyn has been one of the main campaigners against the Blairites and in particular their support of the Iraq war. It will therefore be an oppotunity next week from the frontbench to launch an attack on Tony Blair and those who supported the Iraq war. He is not going to resign until after he has had his chance.

Tony Blair will escape any real censorship for his part in the Iraq war, don't you think ?

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Corbyn has had a taste of power and he likes it - I dont see him going without making a fuss. However, who will replace him?

If one thing came out of the EU referendum it was that voters have absolutely no trust in politicians - any of them.

I see Yvette Cooper has stuck her head above the parapet -

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/28/jeremy-corbyn-no-vision-post-brexit-uk-yvette-cooper

Her hands aren't clean - She and Ed Balls (partner) were switching their main residence to make the most of the housing allowance that ministers receive.

BCOBS

If one thing came out of the EU referendum it was that voters have absolutely no trust in politicians - any of them.

it seems that several voters had (misplaced) 'trust' in the Leave proponents, of whom as you know some (most of the main) have seemingly backtracked on their main arguments :)

or maybe it wasnt 'misplaced' as such, and was something inherent..:noidea:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/29/revealed-labour-mps-go-to-police-over-death-threats-after-refusa/

Labour MPs have been forced to call in the police over death threats in the last 48 hours after they refused to back Jeremy Corbyn, The Telegraph has learnt.

Vicky Foxcroft, a Labour whip, received a call to her constituency office which said: “If she doesn’t support Corbyn I will come down to the office and kick the f*** out of you.”

The rhetoric of Mr Corbyn’s supporters has been criticised after John McDonnell initially encouraged activists to protest MPs – but later made clear he did not condone constituency office protests.

One former frontbencher has tabled a formal complaint to the Labour chief whip about the way some pro-Corbyn MPs have been addressing activists at rallies.

I always thought that John McDonnell was dangerous and also believe that he is the puppet master pulling Corbyn's strings.

BCOBS

Corbyn is damaging Labour and i think he does not care. McDonnell is a very intelligent man, but not sure whether he can be trusted, given some of his history. He was responsible for finance at the GLC and did well, but it is other aspects of his politics which would worry many people.

Labour need to get back to a sensible centre left agenda which appeals to most of the country. If an election is held within 6 months, they would be lucky to hold onto more than 150 seats. No point offering 1970's red Labour policies in 2016.

...that Corbyn is holding on, so next week when the Chilcott Iraq Inquiry report is released
its been in the news just. apparently corby may have an axe to grind?

Just to add to this

100k people have now *Joined* the labour party since ChickenCoup

This is full membership not £3 jobs

Also comparing MPs mandate vs JC's

MPs mandates are not personal. People mostly vote for a PARTY in a general election. Many will not know their MPS

JC's Mandate is personal

JCs mandate is also fresher than those of the MPs

This was always going to happen, but the timing is very suspect as are the reasons for doing so. If they had a suitable candidate to challenge then they should do so. What is the point otherwise?

Despite everything, I suspect that holding on despite all the pressure, speaks not of arrogance, but instead of Strong leadership in the face of a organized campaign that began on day 1 to get him out. IF MPs own constituencies are telling MPS to back JC then those MPS would be wise to do so.

Also look at the sucesses that have happened under JC that often go under reported.

Bi-election victories with increased vote share

Mayor Elections won

A greater % of Labour voters voting remain than Tory and close to the SNP % voting remain as well.

Imagine what could of been achieved if the PLP has united around their leader instead of briefing against him, joining in with the Main Stream Medias relentless attacks, and destabalising their own party.

Part of the problem is the growth of this "Governing Class" has led to increased detachment from it and the people it is supposed to represent. That is also possibly why remain LOST the referendum. JC was honest in his campaigning, which by Angela Eagles own words was not covered by the MSN and represents the only leader willing to restore the link between the establishment and the general public.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...

This Facebook account from a Labour MP explains why people should have doubt about Corbyns leadership.

https://www.facebook.com/thangam.debbonaire/posts/10157204442320083

Even if you shared Corbyns politics, you might want to think about the way he acts and some of his supporters are worrying. If Labour don't deal with Corbyn soon, they might just be seen as the nasty party, rather than the Tories.