• Tweets

• have you written evidence it was hacked?    
    • well you see the thing is that document could have come from anywhere here on CAG their filing cabinet then all they do it type your details in....no they wouldn't do that would they....   its supposed to come from the original creditor, and a correct return typically does have a tick box with your typed name by it and the IP address used and the time of it etc etc.   sadly cabot are masters and have alot of filing cabinets..... lots of claimform threads here on cat debts   is the address the correct one for time of sign up?   dx    
    • OK got access to the SLC portal and there is absolutely nothing there for the 1996 loan that Shoosmiths are dealing with, only a subsequent loan I took out in 2002.   What does that mean, if anything?
    • My son is in his 30's and he is very gullible.   The letter from his bank states " that they have contacted the retailer's bank and they believe the transaction to be yours. If you do not recognise this payment contact the retailer as they will be able to provide you with a more detailed information. Should you be able to provide further evidence to support that the transaction was neither made nor authorised by you, please contact us."   The bank also provided the delivery address and the name of the retailer.   How do you provide further evidence to support a transaction that was not authorised by you when the account was hacked through scammers?
    • So they have to basically provide full proof that I checked a box in agreement to validate that CCA? And at the minute it's basically just a piece of paper with my name and (old} address on it?   Is it worth putting in another IA a little nearer the time demanding this again? Stating that? Giving them enough time to legally comply, but not too much time?
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

UKCPM PCN - entered the wrong registration number

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1701 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My brother received a notifications of a charge from UKCPM.

Going back a few months he went on holiday,

during this period he parked for considerably under the time he paid for in a UKCPM car park.

He wrote to them flatly denying that any "offence" has occurred.

They have now written back informing him that his "appeal" has been turned down.

He says this wasn't an appeal.

It was a complete and utter rejection of the notion that there was ever anything to appeal about.

This is the enquiry that I am making on his behalf.

He, being a charitable sort, thinks he may have entered the wrong registration number in their machine.

They say that it was his responsibility to ensure that he enter the correct vehicle registration number in the machine.

Is this true?

Or does his responsibility begin and end with paying for the amount of time he was parked?

("parking charge" legality notwithstanding)

Which he did. Amply.

As I was writing this it occurred to me that they will know when he entered the car park,

they will know when he left the car park, as they will have photographic evidence.

They will thusly know how long he was there.

They will know how much money was accrued on that day, via what numbers,

and it would be a simple matter for them to check if this tallies with my brother's version of events.

But- did he have to put the right number in or is this BS on their part?

Just so as to know on next replying.

There are a few if the team very well versed with this type of thing, i sadly am not one of them but i am sure one will be along soon to help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Did he have a PCN and NTK. What were the dates on these?

UKCPM always mess up somewhere.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: -

Brother wrote to manager of hotel telling them what the blighters who managed his parking were up to.

Manager of hotel checked and saw as suspected that a B had appeared somehow before the registration.

Matter was dropped.

Why UKCPM couldn't do this themselves huh? Hmmmm....:|

Because they dont care. Theyre just cowboy clampers using another name. They exist purely to make money from unsuspecting an gullible people. If they allowed an appeal, they wouldnt make any money, and this outfit ALWAYS, without question, messes up on every single ticket they issue.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

they are in it for the money so why would they pass on a chance of screwing someone for a few quid? Now they have been rumbled they have to withdraw or risk losing their client.

Update: -

Brother wrote to manager of hotel telling them what the blighters who managed his parking were up to.

Manager of hotel checked and saw as suspected that a B had appeared somehow before the registration.

Matter was dropped.

Why UKCPM couldn't do this themselves huh? Hmmmm....:|

You say 'matter was dropped' how? Do you have that in writing? the next contact you could get may be from the PPC trying to scare you into paying with a debt collector letter or even a claim form.